The Student Room Group

Stalking a girl online. Should I add her?

Last summer I was sat in the library doing some revision work with a friend. He pointed to a girl sat behind me and asked what language she was speaking. 'I don't know, Russian or something', I said. Then I listened a little closer and was like 'No, wait, that's Georgian!'

The girl in question was very pretty. Her eyes pierced through me and her hair shone like a thousand stars. I'd not encounted another Georgian at university before. I skipped the opportunity to talk to her and thought that I might see her again. Coincidentally enough I saw a flyer on campus of someone trying to promote their campaign for a union position which happened to have a Georgian name written on it and I recognised the picture as her. So I rushed home to find her Facebook and find her Facebook I did.

Since last summer, however, I have not bumped into her again. But I know that she is still around, due to the occasional bit of stalking. The plan was to stop her and talk to her if I were to ever see her again. 'Hello, I heard you speaking Georgian last summer' I would say. Being the only two Georgians on campus she would no doubt accept an exchange of numbers. But what if I never see her again? Should I test my luck and add her on Facebook? But it would be a bit weird. TSR, what should I do?!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Tell her how you feel.Tell her if you think she is beautiful and you like her. You regret the things you haven't done in life not the ones you did.
Reply 2
The girl in question was very pretty. Her eyes pierced through me and her hair shone like a thousand stars.

I'm afraid her hair is dead. It no longer exists. The time it took for that shine to reach your line of sight far exceeds her life span. I'm ever so sorry. You're stalking a dead girl.
I don't understand why people don't just talk? Hated when guys at uni did this to use library to clock eachother... I added one who was talking about me to his group of friends on FB but he never talked so I finally blocked. One of my male friends at uni was extremely annoying when it came to girls wouldn't stop talking about them, I was like er just be friends and talk with them
Last summer I was sat in the library doing some revision work with a friend. He pointed to a girl sat behind me and asked what language she was speaking. 'I don't know, Russian or something', I said. Then I listened a little closer and was like 'No, wait, that's Georgian!'

The girl in question was very pretty. Her eyes pierced through me and her hair shone like a thousand stars. I'd not encounted another Georgian at university before. I skipped the opportunity to talk to her and thought that I might see her again. Coincidentally enough I saw a flyer on campus of someone trying to promote their campaign for a union position which happened to have a Georgian name written on it and I recognised the picture as her. So I rushed home to find her Facebook and find her Facebook I did.

Since last summer, however, I have not bumped into her again. But I know that she is still around, due to the occasional bit of stalking. The plan was to stop her and talk to her if I were to ever see her again. 'Hello, I heard you speaking Georgian last summer' I would say. Being the only two Georgians on campus she would no doubt accept an exchange of numbers. But what if I never see her again? Should I test my luck and add her on Facebook? But it would be a bit weird. TSR, what should I do?!

I would definitely leave out the fact that it was last summer.
If a boy came up to me and said he had saw me a year ago and still knew who I was I'd probably find it a bit weird.
Original post by Daniellejo.
If a boy came up to me and said he had saw me a year ago and still knew who I was I'd probably find it a bit weird.

I'm obv sleepy, how did I miss that this isn't recent lol :tongue:
Yeah, I'd maybe bring up the posters, but not the library thing or how long ago it was. If you say you heard her speaking Georgian, she might ask you when. Then you say, "in the library" and she maybe says "that's weird, I haven't been to the library in like a year." If you just say you've seen her face and name around campus, that's more reasonable.
no
Reply 8
Do you fear adding her? Then yes, you should, even if you have to force yourself, why? To overcome it.
:biggrin: first talk to her then add her otherwise she'll just think that your just some guy who's looking to boost his friends count on Facebook.
Reply 10
maybe speak to her in person first... dont be all "i saw you in the library, thought you were hot and ran home to search for you on fb"
Reply 11
I would definitely leave out the fact that it was last summer. If a boy came up to me and said he had saw me a year ago and still knew who I was I'd probably find it a bit weird.

MelanieDickson
Yeah, I'd maybe bring up the posters, but not the library thing or how long ago it was.

Then what would I say to her? The poster I saw of her was also in the same time period (i.e. 'last summer'). So to remember them may also come across as 'a bit weird'. I do think however that some of you have misinterpreted what I meant by 'last summer'. I meant 'May-June 2013'.

mosmof
maybe speak to her in person first... dont be all "i saw you in the library, thought you were hot and ran home to search for you on fb"

But then how would I stop her? What reason would I have to talk to her? The point I'm trying to make is that I've got to have some sort of excuse for knowing that she was Georgian.
Oh, that's this summer lol not as odd at all. Just go up to her and smile, ask her what she studies or that she looks Georgian or you've seen her around or overheard her speaking it. This one time though I was looking for book on shelves of library and out of nowhere, this random stranger man comes up to me at uni behind a shelve and starts talking to me about whether I'm the same nationality, what's my name bla bla and I thought ok cool someone sociable... The only thing is he literally came out of nowhere so I'm unsure wtf he wanted and was quite scared :frown: never spoke to them again obviously. It is ok if not randomly startling me, love talking to strangers and making friends but this one time was just omg stalker?!
Then what would I say to her? The poster I saw of her was also in the same time period (i.e. 'last summer'). So to remember them may also come across as 'a bit weird'. I do think however that some of you have misinterpreted what I meant by 'last summer'. I meant 'May-June 2013'.

Oh okay. That's way less weird. You could probably bring that up if you want, to be honest. If not, you can just say you saw an old poster up in a building/on the ground/whatever. If your uni's anything like mine there could still be posters from a couple of years ago in places, so it's not that hard to believe.

But then how would I stop her? What reason would I have to talk to her? The point I'm trying to make is that I've got to have some sort of excuse for knowing that she was Georgian.

So this summer then.
Yeah, I'd just say that you'd seen on some posters and then when she talks back be like "Oh, are you Georgian?"

EDIT: I'm assuming she has an accent.
If she sounds English that probably wouldn't work lol.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending