The Student Room Group

Do girls want guys to try harder to get to know them?

So theres this girl I see every day and I feel like shes into me but I have not had much interactions with her - I was finding it hard to talk to her and this one time I randomly told her that I was interested in her - she said shes with someone. Do girls say this when they dont know a guy well enough but can still be interested in them and want them to try harder to get to know them?
Reply 1
I would trust your instincts on this one. Girls might sometimes make up a partner as a gentle rejection. Or they might have a partner, although then the question remains would they be romantically interested in you if they didn’t. In any events it doesn’t seem like there’s anything immediately on the cards so worth exploring other options
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
I would trust your instincts on this one. Girls might sometimes make up a partner as a gentle rejection. Or they might have a partner, although then the question remains would they be romantically interested in you if they didn’t. In any events it doesn’t seem like there’s anything immediately on the cards so worth exploring other options

Who knows what goes on in a girls head when there overwhelmed? Im under the impression that when I confessed to this girl I came across as too strong and maybe shes into me but she might have been caught off guard and didnt know what to say as she doesnt know me well enough - she knows she sees me regularly so she might want to build a rapport or try harder to get to know her. At any rate I told her i never meant to make things awkward and shes happy with that.
Reply 3
Im just bad with women - I overthink all the time hence why I confessed too early, if I had just waited!!!! How do I overcome this overthinking problem?
Original post by Anonymous
So theres this girl I see every day and I feel like shes into me but I have not had much interactions with her - I was finding it hard to talk to her and this one time I randomly told her that I was interested in her - she said shes with someone. Do girls say this when they dont know a guy well enough but can still be interested in them and want them to try harder to get to know them?

No. This means she isn't interested at all and doesn't want you to try further.
Reply 5
Original post by 1582
No. This means she isn't interested at all and doesn't want you to try further.

But I have been trying and shes still friendly and polite and I really hope that I can get with her because shes just very friendly. Maybe im overthinking but I feel like shes playing hard to get.

Weve already agreed that we see each other regularly and theres no need for things to be awkward. Past couple of years ive spent too much time online hence why my interactions with her have been so tactless - should I tell her this?
But I have been trying and shes still friendly and polite and I really hope that I can get with her because shes just very friendly. Maybe im overthinking but I feel like shes playing hard to get.

Weve already agreed that we see each other regularly and theres no need for things to be awkward. Past couple of years ive spent too much time online hence why my interactions with her have been so tactless - should I tell her this?

She's being friendly because she sees you as a friend. She's made very clear she does not see you as a potential boyfriend. Don't be that guy who can't take no for an answer. You won't even have her in your life as a friend that way.

Definitely do not tell her that. Just put it behind you and go back to speaking normally with her.
she said shes with someone. Do girls say this when they dont know a guy well enough but can still be interested in them and want them to try harder to get to know them?

That's a frankly bizarre thought - the most obvious reason is that they meant what they said? They have a partner and are not interested, rather than assuming they simply don't know their own mind :rolleyes:
You're obviously a god to women so why wouldn't she not want to be with you :biggrin:

Honestly if she's a reasonably decent looking girl or better then she won't be short of guys after her. If in addition she has a pleasant and friendly enough personality then that will add to interest from guys. Such a girl like that might well have a bf.
Reply 9
Original post by Katerina S.
You're obviously a god to women so why wouldn't she not want to be with you :biggrin:

Honestly if she's a reasonably decent looking girl or better then she won't be short of guys after her. If in addition she has a pleasant and friendly enough personality then that will add to interest from guys. Such a girl like that might well have a bf.

But when I told her I was interested in her I was thinking I dont even know her well enough but it was worth a shot. I still want to get in her good books.
But when I told her I was interested in her I was thinking I dont even know her well enough but it was worth a shot. I still want to get in her good books.

First mistake, she at least needs to know who you are and haven't talked a bit. Sure it's possible for some guys just to ask a girl out but they are normally good looking and/or very good social skills. Otherwise if she doesn't really know you it may come across pretty weird.

Be careful with the getting in her good books thing, be careful not to put her up on a pedestal, as the saying goes she can't date a fan but see you at least as her equal.

Thing to add as well is her social standing as in socially and your social standing, socially. You mention that you lived much of your life online, good on you for getting off it but women are normally very social creatures, not all but many. If she is and your social life isn't really happening that might be a bit off putting for her. Possibly how her peers might see it as well.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending