The Student Room Group

Ex made his instagram public after it being private for the longest. He dumped me and

I removed him from my followers right after the breakup and I’ve been in strict nc ever since. I have alternated being private and public. Recently I noticed he made his page public lol. Does he want me to see his pics/posts?
Probably not about you.
Couldn't say.
But either he's doing it because he wants you to care (in which case you shouldn't) or for an entirely different reason (in which case it doesn't matter).
So whichever way I'd suggest that you don't get hung up on it - you're not in a relationship with him anymore.
Reply 3
He doesn't care about you.
Hi. Stop worrying about what he’s doing with his profile, why are you even still checking it anyway? You need to stop stalking his online profiles all day. He dumped you and the relationship’s over so you just need to move on.
You're not doing no contract right if you're the one checking for him. If someone informed you of this, tell them you'd rather not know moving forward.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Hi. Stop worrying about what he’s doing with his profile, why are you even still checking it anyway? You need to stop stalking his online profiles all day. He dumped you and the relationship’s over so you just need to move on.

Cuz she’s human. They’ve just split up and it’s quite normal when someone’s on your mind to be checking up on them.
OP don’t public your instagram at all. He dumped you, there’s no reason for him to have access to your profile and know what’s happening in your life. I know you’d be doing it for his sake if you made it public and it would be pretty obvious why you’re doing it, so don’t. I know it’s difficult not to check up on his profile when you’re grieving someone but try to not do that because it’s not helping you move on. Try and keep busy, that’s key in moving on from someone honestly. Don’t make it easy for you to be alone with your thoughts because that’s when you’ll start checking up on his socials and being upset. Stay busy.
Not sure how reassuring it will be for complete strangers to guess an answer based on little info.
Original post by Anonymous
Cuz she’s human. They’ve just split up and it’s quite normal when someone’s on your mind to be checking up on them.

It’s perfectly human to also stop doing it and have the discipline to move on.
It’s perfectly human to also stop doing it and have the discipline to move on.

You’re questioning it like it’s weird though. It’s not.
You’re questioning it like it’s weird though. It’s not.

I do think it's weird tbh. If you've been dumped your priority should be working on yourself, not stalking him all over social media because there's nothing beneficial to that at all.
I do think it's weird tbh. If you've been dumped your priority should be working on yourself, not stalking him all over social media because there's nothing beneficial to that at all.

No one’s saying there any benefit to it, I advised the OP against it. I just don’t understand people acting like social media stalking after a breakup, when you’re literally grieving for someone isn’t normal or comparable to real life stalking. It absolutely isn’t. I swear people acting like they’re above it are the ones probably doing it the most.
No one’s saying there any benefit to it, I advised the OP against it. I just don’t understand people acting like social media stalking after a breakup, when you’re literally grieving for someone isn’t normal or comparable to real life stalking. It absolutely isn’t. I swear people acting like they’re above it are the ones probably doing it the most.

Something being done by a lot of people doesn't mean it isn't weird and unhealthy. OP made a thread where it's clear she's stalking him a lot and still asking whether he's switching his profile so she can see his posts or not. I mean what are you expecting people to say? ''Yeah, you go girl! Keep stalking him and obsessing over whether he's doing all his profile stuff for you!'' No, the tough but sensible response is to tell someone that what they're doing is toxic and that they should cut it out to get over him much more quickly, simple and end of.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 14
I removed him from my followers right after the breakup and I’ve been in strict nc ever since. I have alternated being private and public. Recently I noticed he made his page public lol. Does he want me to see his pics/posts?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7401508
Please stick to one thread, rather than create multiple about the same topic :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending