The Student Room Group

Permafrost Problem

Recently in geography we have started discussing global warming (very controversial I know) and we were introduced to permafrost. It got me thinking... can we do anything about the huge amount of methane being released? Are there management schemes already in place? I was wondering whether there was a way to store the methane gas and then use it for fuel (to power cars etc.). I'm sure someone somewhere has had this same thought but I'd like to know about this topic if anyone know anything? :smile: thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Dheyna
Recently in geography we have started discussing global warming (very controversial I know) and we were introduced to permafrost. It got me thinking... can we do anything about the huge amount of methane being released? Are there management schemes already in place? I was wondering whether there was a way to store the methane gas and then use it for fuel (to power cars etc. - renewable green energy). I'm sure someone somewhere has had this same thought but I'd like to know about this topic if anyone know anything? :smile: thanks!

....using methane for fuel wouldn't be a green source of energy.
Reply 2
Original post by SamEastie
....using methane for fuel wouldn't be a green source of energy.

well a bio-fuel... whoops - I'll change the wording there...
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending