The Student Room Group

Clavicle Aesthetics

Just been reading some articles online about how the shape of your Clavicles can really enhance you aesthetics because they determine your chest/trap insertion points. Below are the various Clavicle shapes and some famous bodybuilders. Flat-straight Clavicles supposedly give you a better looking chest and traps however, I cannot see this. I do prefer the look of Arnold's and Zyzz's chest shape however, is this because of their straight Clavicles? I realise the below photos are probably crap examples because they are all pretty much aesthetic at a majestic level, so perhaps the downside of Clavicle shape is more evident amongst builders who are natty and don't compete. I acknowledge that broader Clavicles will allow for a broader upper body however, is that why it's considered better to have straight Clavicles?

Notice how Arnold and Zyzz have flat Clavicles.

Mentzer and Chestbrah have V Clavicles.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
Reply 2
My clavicle looks like the bottom pic. Am I doomed? :frown:
Original post by Bassetts
My clavicle looks like the bottom pic. Am I doomed? :frown:

Nah everyone can look good however, a lot of people argue that straight Clavicles are supposedly better for bodybuilding. I have similar Clavicles to Arnold and Zyzz, I also have similar triangle shape traps to them as well (not rounded traps). Are you Clavicles like that when standing straight and how do your chest/traps look?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
straight clavicles crew checking in.

lol cant believe this is even a thing
Reply 5
Original post by pinda.college
Nah everyone can look good however, a lot of people argue that straight Clavicles are supposedly better for bodybuilding. I have similar Clavicles to Arnold and Zyzz, I also have similar triangle shape traps to them as well (not rounded traps). Are you Clavicles like that when standing straight and how do your chest/traps look?
my chest and traps look ok? dont know what else to say :redface:

all the guys you posted are/were juicing up to their eyeballs. you should post some pics of people who are natty.
straight clavicle master race checking in

claviclelets need not apply
Reply 7
Original post by nopenopenope
straight clavicle master race checking in

claviclelets need not apply
pretty sure you can look just as aesthetic with a v clavicle. can you please provide evidence that straight clavicles are signficantly more aesthetic and it gets girls more?
my chest and traps look ok? dont know what else to say :redface:

all the guys you posted are/were juicing up to their eyeballs. you should post some pics of people who are natty.

There you go bro, it's not a big deal however, I wanted to know what people thought about the different shapes and whether it has a profound affect on how your traps will look:smile: My straight Clavicles means I have broad ass shoulders but I got those slope traps.

(edited 10 years ago)
pretty sure you can look just as aesthetic with a v clavicle. can you please provide evidence that straight clavicles are signficantly more aesthetic and it gets girls more?

i am the proof
Reply 10
i am the proof

post pics please.
post pics please.

soon bassetts...
soon.

pls respond
post pics please.

There's load of bodybuilders who have V clavicles and curved shoulders however, they still look good. I wasn't suggesting that straight Clavicles are better (though a lot of people do) just support what you got and be proud:wink:
Reply 13
soon bassetts...
soon.

pls respond
Reply 14
There's load of bodybuilders who have V clavicles and curved shoulders however, they still look good. I wasn't suggesting that straight Clavicles are better (though a lot of people do) just support what you got and be proud:wink:
i should have done more swimming when i was younger to get dem dere wider shoulders and straight clavicle :frown:
i should have done more swimming when i was younger to get dem dere wider shoulders and straight clavicle :frown:

We all have things we want to change bro, I know that feel.
Reply 16
We all have things we want to change bro, I know that feel.
its not the sort of stuff you think about when you are 12 years old 'oh i will do lots of swimming because it will give me wide shoulders for when i am older'. wide shoulders are so sexy and masculine and attract women. no amount of bodybuilding can change your bone structure. wish i could go back in time to my 12 year old self :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Amskyr
straight clavicles crew checking in.

lol cant believe this is even a thing

Lol its like the thigh gap thing.
Reply 18

I did swimming when I was younger - just sayin

Original post by Dr Pesto
Lol its like the thigh gap thing.

I dont have the thigh gap but my clavicle aesthetics are divine. I hope that this negates the lack of thigh gap - I live in hope.
Reply 19
Original post by Amskyr
I did swimming when I was younger - just sayin

I dont have the thigh gap but my clavicle aesthetics are divine. I hope that this negates the lack of thigh gap - I live in hope.
post a pic of your body (srs). you speak like a guy btw. are you sure you're a girl?

Quick Reply

Latest