The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Hopeful Medics - Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ceryni

It really was an amazing place to go, and it was nice to forget about all the application stuff and schoolwork for just a week, even if it's rearing its foul head again now!

That's good to hear :smile: well the application stuff will be over soon, so we just have to hope its a positive one
Reply 181
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Just so you're aware, they interview until mid-March. Receiving a later interview has seemingly no bearing on whether you'll get an offer; out of my friends, I'm the only one who had a pre-Christmas interview (there are only two pre-Christmas interview dates anyway, so numbers for them are going to be limited).

agh, guess it'll be the long haul then :grumble:
Anyway, thanks for all the info :smile:
Original post by Ceryni
agh, guess it'll be the long haul then :grumble:
Anyway, thanks for all the info :smile:

Its no problem at all :smile:
Found out today that I've got an offer for biomed at Newcastle :biggrin: Got it over a week ago, but I didn't get an email for some reason. Only logged in because my mum asked me about the starting dates of all the different places, so that was a nice little surprise!
Original post by Ceryni
China and Hong Kong!!! It was amazing, although I slept through all of yesterday despite landing at 5AM (stupid jet-lag :mad: I will make it my mission in medicine to create the anti-jetlag pill!!). I just found out that all of the 2003-8 papers are now public, so I have an extra 6 years worth of questions to plod my way through.... :redface:

This will be one hell of a week :rolleyes:

My dad and two sisters have set off to Hong Kong today for my uncle's wedding, really guttered I couldn't go :frown: With the BMAT being the day after they're due to be back, I think the jetlag would be a bit of a problem!
Original post by mynameisntbobk
[SCROLL]CURRENT YEAR 13 - MARK II :biggrin:[/SCROLL]

Well we've managed 10,000 posts in our first thread (bit crazy I think) so there's no reason as to why we can't do it again.

We've all officially applied so best of luck to all year 13s and all other medicine applicants.

To make following our applications a bit easier, and if you would like your choices in the list below, please quote me and I can add it for you.
You probably would want to tell me the medical schools you've applied to, and quote me if your application status has changed. Interviews will be blue, offers will be green, and rejections will be red (fingers crossed there won't be a lot of reds)

Applicants

Oxford, Imperial, Kings and Sheffield!! :smile:
Reply 186
Does anyone know when Barts interview/send out the invites?
Original post by kashagupta
Oxford, Imperial, Kings and Sheffield!! :smile:

Added :smile:
[SCROLL]CURRENT YEAR 13 - MARK II :biggrin:[/SCROLL]

Well we've managed 10,000 posts in our first thread (bit crazy I think) so there's no reason as to why we can't do it again.

We've all officially applied so best of luck to all year 13s and all other medicine applicants.

To make following our applications a bit easier, and if you would like your choices in the list below, please quote me and I can add it for you.
You probably would want to tell me the medical schools you've applied to, and quote me if your application status has changed. Interviews will be blue, offers will be green, and rejections will be red (fingers crossed there won't be a lot of reds)

Applicants

Cambridge, Imperial, Barts, Lancaster
Reply 189
Original post by Ceryni
China and Hong Kong!!! It was amazing, although I slept through all of yesterday despite landing at 5AM (stupid jet-lag :mad: I will make it my mission in medicine to create the anti-jetlag pill!!). I just found out that all of the 2003-8 papers are now public, so I have an extra 6 years worth of questions to plod my way through.... :redface:

This will be one hell of a week :rolleyes:

Hi, where are the 2003-08 papers? :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by chloe3003
Hi, where are the 2003-08 papers? :smile:

Hey there!!! The papers are on this page:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/medicine-and-healthcare/bmat/preparing-for-bmat/

Just go into 'Full tests', choose a sub-section and the older papers are now in a folder at the bottom of each list which you can download!!

Reply 191
Finally received the email with the link for the online questionnaire from Nottingham and I got an offer from my fifth choice too!
Original post by jollygood
Cambridge, Imperial, Barts, Lancaster

Added btw :smile:
How are people preparing for interviews?? I haven't started yet and after looking at the preparation thread I'm becoming increasingly concerned at how little I know about the NHS!! Has anyone got any advice on somewhere where I could start finding stuff out? Thanks :smile:
Added btw :smile:

kings,barts, st georges and hull York :smile:
Original post by Dr. Django
How are people preparing for interviews?? I haven't started yet and after looking at the preparation thread I'm becoming increasingly concerned at how little I know about the NHS!! Has anyone got any advice on somewhere where I could start finding stuff out? Thanks :smile:

I got a list of topics from a list of past interview questions. Then in a notebook I'm writing about these topics. For example the advantages of each medical school for the 'why x medical school?' questions. I've also got a little medical training timeline. where I've developed skills such as teamwork etc and ethics stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
I got a list of topics from a list of past interview questions. Then in a notebook I'm writing about these topics. For example the advantages of each medical school for the 'why x medical school?' questions. I've also got a little medical training timeline. where I've developed skills such as teamwork etc and ethics stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dayum that is the organisation of a future doctor :smile: I on the other hand am lagginf behind :tongue: From next week I'll start doing that then, the stuff about the medical schools/ developing my skills will be ok; it's the NHS stuff that I'm unprepared for! Thanks :smile:
Dayum that is the organisation of a future doctor :smile: I on the other hand am lagginf behind :tongue: From next week I'll start doing that then, the stuff about the medical schools/ developing my skills will be ok; it's the NHS stuff that I'm unprepared for! Thanks :smile:

The NHS stuff is rather heavy going erghhhh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
The NHS stuff is rather heavy going erghhhh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

;( I haven't even started looking!! This isn't good
;( I haven't even started looking!! This isn't good

Do not worry. there is plenty of time left. However, if you want to have some casual preparation, I would advise you to read some of the topics posted on the link below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health/

There is also a TSR interview thread which posts about all the possible interview questions. If you feel ready, you may answer some of them and we'll give you feedback or any extra points you might not have initially thought about:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486122&page=20

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending