The Student Room Group

Retaking a year?

So I'm in Year 12 right now, doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths. I'm not really sure what I want to do in my degree, but it might be medical physics / biomedical engineering.

To do this at uni you always need Physics A-Level, but to take Physics A-Level I'd have to retake a year and do 3 years of college. Has anyone done this?
Reply 1
Original post by tastierspoon460
So I'm in Year 12 right now, doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths. I'm not really sure what I want to do in my degree, but it might be medical physics / biomedical engineering.

To do this at uni you always need Physics A-Level, but to take Physics A-Level I'd have to retake a year and do 3 years of college. Has anyone done this?

My close friend didnt do well in his exams, so he had to retake year 12, i also have someone in my chemistry class who is retaking year 13. It is not uncommon at all to do this, so i think get the best grades you can in your current subjects, then redo physics as a standalone in year 12 so it is easier to focus on it!

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest