The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Hopeful Medics - Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by StephenNaulls
I hope so haha, I was mortified!

If worst comes to worst and he is on the interview panel, at least you'll have something to talk about :P
I hope so haha, I was mortified!

Don't fret! I've been told my an ex-interviewer that you are not allowed to be interviewed by ANYONE you have met or talked to prior to meeting them in that room :smile: So basically, you could just say "I've met him" and he HAS to leave the interview/can't be part of the selection process :biggrin:
Reply 982
Original post by Dr. Django
Don't fret! I've been told my an ex-interviewer that you are not allowed to be interviewed by ANYONE you have met or talked to prior to meeting them in that room :smile: So basically, you could just say "I've met him" and he HAS to leave the interview/can't be part of the selection process :biggrin:

Haha, I may have to use that to my advantage if I manage to get one. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the hell?! :frown:

That must have been a little disconcerting. But as others have said, he probably won't be involved in interviewing. However, just to be on the safe side, keeping slipping his mum/dad extra biscuits while mentioning your name, at least until the interview season is over :biggrin:
Reply 984
Original post by Pastaferian
That must have been a little disconcerting. But as others have said, he probably won't be involved in interviewing. However, just to be on the safe side, keeping slipping his mum/dad extra biscuits while mentioning your name, at least until the interview season is over :biggrin:

Good idea, haha!:biggrin:
First interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Not sure if excited or nervous...thinking its the latter :tongue:
First interview tomorrow :s-smilie: Not sure if excited or nervous...thinking its the latter :tongue:

Where? Good luck, you'll smash it! I had my first a couple of days ago, and have another in a couple of weeks, so this month for me is generally a busy one aha. I found if you stay calm it's easier to give it your best.
Original post by DrumChops
Where? Good luck, you'll smash it! I had my first a couple of days ago, and have another in a couple of weeks, so this month for me is generally a busy one aha. I found if you stay calm it's easier to give it your best.

Newcastle, where are yours? :smile: I have one next week too at Leicester :O!! I'm pretty calm right now, so hopefully I keep how I'm currently feeling :smile: Just want to try and give a decent representation of myself!! Thanks for your advice and good luck :smile:
Reply 988
Newcastle, where are yours? :smile: I have one next week too at Leicester :O!! I'm pretty calm right now, so hopefully I keep how I'm currently feeling :smile: Just want to try and give a decent representation of myself!! Thanks for your advice and good luck :smile:

What days your Leicester? Mines Thursday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989

Are you already there? If you're travelling from far away I'd maybe set off earlier than you were planning, we've had flooding all along the East Coast :smile:

What time is yours tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by LibbyG
What days your Leicester? Mines Thursday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is Wednesday :smile:

Are you already there? If you're travelling from far away I'd maybe set off earlier than you were planning, we've had flooding all along the East Coast :smile:

My journey is 5 hours ish but I think I've left enough time!! I've got over 2 hours leeway so hopefully I'll be alright :s-smilie: I'm trying to leave as early as possible but I'm lucky that my interview isn't till the afternoon! Thanks for the advice

Original post by qwertyuiopas
What time is yours tomorrow? :smile:

I'd rather not say :/ I know I sound like a right tool :tongue: but I don't want to be 'tracked down' by friends etc as there are only a few people that have interviews at each time!! Is yours tomorrow?? Might see you there if yours is in the afternoon!

I'd rather not say :/ I know I sound like a right tool :tongue: but I don't want to be 'tracked down' by friends etc as there are only a few people that have interviews at each time!! Is yours tomorrow?? Might see you there if yours is in the afternoon!

Haha aaah okay don't worry! Yep mines tomorrow - so nervous! But in the morning :smile:
Haha aaah okay don't worry! Yep mines tomorrow - so nervous! But in the morning :smile:

Good luck, you'll smash it :biggrin: I'm pretty nervous too :s-smilie: we should get some sleep now!!
Good luck, you'll smash it :biggrin: I'm pretty nervous too :s-smilie: we should get some sleep now!!

Just had it! Really don't think I'll be getting into Newcastle :frown: haha. Good luck for yours!
Original post by t()m
Absolutely loved it,the atmosphere everything so glad I applied. I think I have better chances else where though. Lots of effort was put into personalising it. I loved the medical school, the town and the feel of the place. Your very lucky. Only slight negative was my mum leaving her wallet on the train which was a bit of a panic but we got it back. How you finding it now been there for ages now ?

Sorry for the late reply - it's exam season so I'm limiting TSR-time to one check a week.

It's great, thanks! All of the staff - from the lecturers to the demonstrators to even the admin - are all absolutely lovely. The people in charge of the first year curriculum are wonderful. Once I emailed one of them at 8pm on a Friday and didn't expect a reply until Monday morning at the earlier and he replied within five minutes.. and it was about missing a compulsory practical due to me having booked a train and then the timetable changed. Instead of being annoyed at me, he commended me for saving money by booking early, told me to have a safe trip and put on an additional session so I didn't miss it!

Plus the town is lovely. I won't lie, I do find it a bit small at times - but I get out enough so it's not an issue for me. I see my boyfriend every two weeks, so on the weekends he's up we'll go to Dundee or something and when I'm down there it's nice to be in a city.. but maybe that's just me.

I'm not sure on what your stats are, but I wish you the best in getting an interview. The first batch was on Monday and they all came in looking so nervous (some people looked a bit ill / faint), but looking on the St Andrews thread after and it seems they think it went well. No doubt due to the lovely interviewers.
It's funny because when you're being interviewed, it's easy to forget that they're just normal people. I was sat in the canteen watching them all go through and prepare, and there wasn't one who I thought 'ooh, I'd not want them interviewing me'.
Reply 996
Original post by mynameisntbobk
[SCROLL]CURRENT YEAR 13 - MARK II :biggrin:[/SCROLL]

Well we've managed 10,000 posts in our first thread (bit crazy I think) so there's no reason as to why we can't do it again.

We've all officially applied so best of luck to all year 13s and all other medicine applicants.

Current Year 13 Hopeful Medics - Mark I

To make following our applications a bit easier, and if you would like your choices in the list below, please quote me and I can add it for you.
You probably would want to tell me the medical schools you've applied to, and quote me if your application status has changed. Interviews will be blue, offers will be green, and rejections will be red (fingers crossed there won't be a lot of reds)

Applicants

Hello, could you update my entry with an interview at Leicester please :smile:
Just had it! Really don't think I'll be getting into Newcastle :frown: haha. Good luck for yours!

im Sure you did better than you think :biggrin: mine went ok, some pretty damn shaky bits but also some decent bits; mixed bag really! Not sure if it was good or bad :/

the waiting room was so ominous!! Everyone silent and scared was a little disconcerting! Everyone was friendly though :smile: who were your interviewers?
Reply 998
Had a mock interview today, didnt go too badly actually :biggrin:
Original post by TomT95
Hello, could you update my entry with an interview at Leicester please :smile:

Updated, congratulations :smile: what was your score?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending