The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Hopeful Medics - Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LibbyG
When do we have to have immunisations and what do we have to have? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you get there. During freshers we had occupational health appointments.

I'm not sure exactly what was on the list as I had them all already when I went travelling. I know Hep B is on there.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
When you get there. During freshers we had occupational health appointments.

I'm not sure exactly what was on the list as I had them all already when I went travelling. I know Hep B is on there.

Depends where you go - I had to have Hep B done before I started.

Generally its Hep B, plus proof of having had MMR, BCG and varicella (as in having had chicken pox, not necessarily the vaccine).
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Generally its Hep B, plus proof of having had MMR, BCG and varicella (as in having had chicken pox, not necessarily the vaccine).

Oh, right - I assumed it would be the same everywhere!

Did you have to pay for that yourself then, or were they understanding and do it for free?
I had to pay £37-odd for each of my three Hep B for travel, but my friends got it free in their occ. health appointments.
Reply 1183
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Someone told me for Birmingham you need to have hep B before you go? :smile:
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Oh, right - I assumed it would be the same everywhere!

Did you have to pay for that yourself then, or were they understanding and do it for free?
I had to pay £37-odd for each of my three Hep B for travel, but my friends got it free in their occ. health appointments.

I don't know if it's changed in the past 6 years, but I seem to recall it being a condition of entry for some schools.

I had to pay - I was working in a GPs so got them to do it, but it cost about £120 in total.

Original post by LibbyG
Someone told me for Birmingham you need to have hep B before you go? :smile:

I don't know if thats true or not - you'd have to ask them directly. Even so, it takes 6 months for the full course so there's just enough time from the end of the offers period to freshers if you do need to get it done.
Hi guys. I have 2 interviews coming up and started thinking about what I'm going to wear. I'm male and just wanted to ask whether it is absolutely essential to wear a tie. I'm planning on wearing a dark "business suit", a shirt (unbuttoned) and trousers. Is that ok or is it too casual. Will a tie be neccessary. I'd just feel slightly more "genuine" without one.
Reply 1186
Original post by Acetylcholine
Hi guys. I have 2 interviews coming up and started thinking about what I'm going to wear. I'm male and just wanted to ask whether it is absolutely essential to wear a tie. I'm planning on wearing a dark "business suit", a shirt (unbuttoned) and trousers. Is that ok or is it too casual. Will a tie be neccessary. I'd just feel slightly more "genuine" without one.

Hiya, I don't know if this helps but I have had three interviews and all the boys at them were wearing a suit, a buttoned shirt, a tie and a jacket. A few also wore a waistcoat :smile:

I wore a suit to my Plymouth interview and I only saw one other guy that didn't. Everyone wore a ti

Go with the tie - look as smart and professional as possible :smile:

Good luck!
All has gone quiet!!! All y'all Cambridge peeps, how did it go? I'm interested (and hoping) to see if mynameisntbobk is gonna need to whip out the green font :biggrin:
Reply 1190
Oooh, I forgot about the list!!

Could I have a green for Cambridge please? :colondollar: :tongue:

Edit: ****. Before we were checking emails constantly, waiting for interviews; now, I keep checking mine to make sure that there's not been some horrific mistake!! Still in shock..... :blushing: :doh:
(edited 10 years ago)

Not necessary, but most guys will be wearing ties. If you don't feel comfortable with a tie, then don't wear one - the interviewers won't mark you down for it. Have the universities in question told you anything? For Cambridge,I was told a suit isn't necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ceryni

Edit: ****. Before we were checking emails constantly, waiting for interviews; now, I keep checking mine to make sure that there's not been some horrific mistake!! Still in shock..... :blushing: :doh:

Congratulations mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ceryni

Awesome bro!!! Glad to see another one of the clan get an offer, the green is mounting up :wink:

That is a top effort mate, well done, and I guess all that's left for you to do is work hard to get the grades :smile: and judging by prior performance that shouldn't be too difficult :wink: (although I dont envy having to get an A*!)
Reply 1194
Original post by Asklepios
Congratulations mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!!! :h:

Original post by Dr. Django
Awesome bro!!! Glad to see another one of the clan get an offer, the green is mounting up :wink:

That is a top effort mate, well done, and I guess all that's left for you to do is work hard to get the grades :smile: and judging by prior performance that shouldn't be too difficult :wink: (although I dont envy having to get an A*!)

Yeah, I'm glad part of my time on the torture rack UCAS is over!! :party:

Only problem is, now I have to actually start doing classwork..... :afraid: :sadnod:
Reply 1195
Original post by Ceryni

I also got an offer from Cambridge! :smile:
Which college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1196
Original post by ebruco
I also got an offer from Cambridge! :smile:
Which college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trinity Hall :biggrin: wbh?
Reply 1197
Offer from Cambridge aswell :smile: can you change it to green please :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile