The Student Room Group

First time Nando's: What to get?

So tonight my flat is going to Nando's and it'll be the first time I've eaten there so I wondered if TSR could help me out by recommending what's the tastiest. :biggrin:

I have a voucher for '3 free chicken wings when you spend £4', which I'm aiming to use. I was thinking of just buying a drink & side (eg chips) but I'm not sure if 3 wings will be enough?
Is the butterfly chicken good? What about the chicken burger?

Also how spicy are the mild, medium, and hot? I'm thinking of getting a medium.

Thanks for your help :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Half chicken... don't even think of it just do it.

I reckon 2 sides is always a good bet. Chips and macho peas are great but that's just my preference :biggrin:
Spice wise just depends what you like. I go for hot (which isn't really very hot at all)
What to get? Get out of there is what; overrated restaurant if there ever was one.

But since you don't have a choice... :frown:

Three wings won't be enough to fill you up, even with chips. I suggest the chicken burger over the butterfly chicken. In my opinion, the hot sauce isn't that hot so I would try that. It's a different kind of spice to that that you might find in Indian and Chinese restaurants so, while I struggle to eat a jalfrezi or a tikka masala, I can easily handle the Hot and Extra Hot at Nando's. :confused:
I sill have Lemon & Herb :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A reservation at a place that does decent food.
Reply 6
Can't go wrong with half a chicken with chips and coleslaw.
For marinade l would advise medium as that is tasty but not 'make-you-sweat' hot- just to be safe. If hot is what you want l'd just have the hot/x. hot sauce that you get from the counter with cutlery.
Reply 7
I suggest getting chicken.

I get half a chicken with mash or chips and garlic bread, and get the lemon and herb spice. It's pretty nice. Maybe get a quarter chicken and one or two sides to go with your chicken wings? And they have bottles of sauce you can use if you want your chicken hotter, so maybe medium is a good one to start with and you can then experiment.
Reply 8
Original post by Olympiad
I sill have Lemon & Herb :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like this too.

I tend to have the wrap and chips.
1/2 a chicken, luso beans and a froyo

:smile:

or chicken roulette

go hard or go home
Half chicken with two sides of course.
Medium Double chicken burger
Peri-salted fries
Coleslaw
Half-chicken on the side
Perinaise
Tap Water

Sauces to pick up:
Medium, Hot, Garlic-Medium, Lemon & Herb, Salad Dressing

Ship load of Napkins.

I once had a whole chicken for free, and a coke.:teehee:

When I Nando, I Nando properly.
(edited 10 years ago)
I hate chicken on the bone.

I prefer boneless chicken breasts, extra hot flavour with chips (peri peri).

Get whatever you want OP, they all taste good
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Half chicken with two sides of course.

But a half-chicken is a side order:dontknow:
Original post by montstar
So tonight my flat is going to Nando's and it'll be the first time I've eaten there so I wondered if TSR could help me out by recommending what's the tastiest. :biggrin:

I have a voucher for '3 free chicken wings when you spend £4', which I'm aiming to use. I was thinking of just buying a drink & side (eg chips) but I'm not sure if 3 wings will be enough?
Is the butterfly chicken good? What about the chicken burger?

Also how spicy are the mild, medium, and hot? I'm thinking of getting a medium.

Thanks for your help :tongue:

The chip portions are tiny btw, hence they are called sides, don't expect them to be big, defo buy chicken its famous for it :lol:
I went to Nando's for the first time recently too - I had quarter chicken (in case I didn't like it but I would say go for half) and chips. It was really nice :biggrin:
Reply 16
To summarise all the replies - chicken and chips.
Reply 17
LOL.... I thought I was the only one. Recently was brought to a Nando's for the first time too.

Thought the SE Asian in me could take all the extra hot that they could dish out, damn it was as hot as a banglore phal type curry. Thankfully I only ordered it as a 1/4 and I ordered the leg portion, quite juicy but I think next time I would order it as a medium. Also quite good were the breast wraps.

Don't forget to get the Sweet Potato Mash and coleslaw, goes really well with the spiciness of the chicken.
Reply 18
whatever you get ...add mash. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
God damn I want Nando's now and I was only there on Friday.

I usually get the half chicken (mango & lime) with peri-salted chips and coleslaw. Sometimes I'll have a double chicken pitta with cheese & pineapple, instead of the half chicken. The garlic bread is also lovely. I once won a free Nando's meal for two and took my flatmate, it was the best.

Kudos to the poster above who eats a double chicken burger, two sides AND a half chicken. Impressive.

Quick Reply

Latest