The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Has anyone been to the King's College London Pre-University Summer School?

hi how was the accommodation? Was laundry service available? What were some activities you did after class? Would you recommend it?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey, by any chance did you manage to go last year? I am going to the program this year for politics and have no clue what to expect
Original post by siiigarcia
hi how was the accommodation? Was laundry service available? What were some activities you did after class? Would you recommend it?
Reply 3
Yes! But, I didn't end up living in accommodation...activities we did were mainly the ones on the calendar. Last year, for my session, we went to the Bank of England (i know for other sessions, they went to the parliament). We also toured the Strand campus and participated in a rather interesting innovation competition where we were divided into groups and presented our idea in front of all pre-university summer school students.
It was a fun experience---getting to meet individuals from a range of nationalities and backgrounds, listening to lectures, forming discussions, engaging in debate, presenting in front of the class, eating lunch on-campus (the desserts were pretty nicee), and also, eating at Nando's with friends just because.

I'm sure residential students had much more activities going on and, of course, random trips around the area. I hope you get a grasp of what it's like from this message.
I would definitely recommend it because it was where I met intellectuals and really just individuals who shared the same passion but perhaps approach it in a radically different way from the way I do. It is an informational and enjoyable experience that really helps you to further your interest in politics and perceive things in different ways.
Hope you have a good time at the summer school :smile:
Original post by vcuesta16
Hey, by any chance did you manage to go last year? I am going to the program this year for politics and have no clue what to expect
Thank you so much honestly. Your message helped a lot since I’ve been quite nervous about the trip, but again thanks so much for the insight. It seems like it’ll be a nice learning experience 😊💖
Reply 5
Original post by vcuesta16
Thank you so much honestly. Your message helped a lot since I’ve been quite nervous about the trip, but again thanks so much for the insight. It seems like it’ll be a nice learning experience 😊💖

Hi! Did you end up going for the course? Also, did you do residential as I'm planning on doing a residential stay, so I was wondering how the living conditions were?

Quick Reply

Latest