The Student Room Group

Can't get a job or even a interview !!!

I've applied for positions such as barista and warehouse packer and cant get interviews and keep on getting rejection letters. I've been applying for about 5-7 months and have been rejected on every job , kind of envious that my friends got jobs within a couple of weeks and i have not yet.
Can anyone help with resume building and general tips?
ideally id like to work as a barista.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by rumter100100
I've applied for positions such as barista and warehouse packer and cant get interviews and keep on getting rejection letters. I've been applying for about 5-7 months and have been rejected on every job , kind of envious that my friends got jobs within a couple of weeks and i have not yet.
Can anyone help with resume building and general tips?
ideally id like to work as a barista.

apply for a local hospitality job and theyll accept you
Reply 2
Original post by benspq
apply for a local hospitality job and theyll accept you

yeh ive applied to jobs like being a waiter but never seem to get a response from them , dont know whether im applying to them too late , what websites do you reccomend for jobs like these
Original post by rumter100100
yeh ive applied to jobs like being a waiter but never seem to get a response from them , dont know whether im applying to them too late , what websites do you reccomend for jobs like these

Try applying for a local rural pub, you can look at entry level kitchen porter or waiting jobs. The further away into the countryside it is the less competiton in applying and the more locals/students it runs on. Avoid big brands like taco bell, nandos, ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending