The Student Room Group

Boyfriend being annoying

Hi,
Am I over reacting?
So I’m seeing my friend after 10 years (childhood friend) and I’m going to Nandos. I told my boyfriend that I’m going and he said “I’m sad you never take me there”. We have been dating for 3 months, I take him to eat a lot and I have taken him once. And I said “you have never asked me to take you” and he said “i shouldn’t have to😢”
then i said “I didn’t know you wanted to go” and he replies with stupied comments like saying “umm idrc” and “i rather go places you like” but we domt go places i like ??!!!
Why is there a drama? He asked me what i was doing today
Reply 1
I feel really sad by it. Is this even normal to?
Reply 2
I’m actually nervous in case he’s actually joking
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Am I over reacting?
So I’m seeing my friend after 10 years (childhood friend) and I’m going to Nandos. I told my boyfriend that I’m going and he said “I’m sad you never take me there”. We have been dating for 3 months, I take him to eat a lot and I have taken him once. And I said “you have never asked me to take you” and he said “i shouldn’t have to😢”
then i said “I didn’t know you wanted to go” and he replies with stupied comments like saying “umm idrc” and “i rather go places you like” but we domt go places i like ??!!!

Does he take you out? Double standards if not - Id tell him yous can go any time and you're catching up with an old friend! Concerning he is reacting that way tbh.
Reply 4
Does he take you out? Double standards if not - Id tell him yous can go any time and you're catching up with an old friend! Concerning he is reacting that way tbh.

i did read our conversation again and basically i think i read it wrong. everything i said above was true but beforehand we were saying “i love you more” and he asked what i was doing with my friend at the same time. then i said nandos of course, then he said “that sounds like fun apart from you never go to nandos with me” etc and he said “i love you more” again after that message then ofc i replied to that and said “i love you more”. then he said “you dont take me to nandos , so therefore you dont” sonthen i said “u dont ask me to” and he said “i shouldn’t have to😢” and i said “i didn’t know you wanted to go” so he said “ummm sure” and “it’s ok idrc” so i put “what?” and he said “dw”. then i said did you actually wanna go?” and he said “i like nandos but i’d rather go places you like”.
i read the whole context wrong. i didn’t know that he could have maybe been messing. i think he was messing tbh i think its fine but he still didn’t need to mention me not taking him and that i shouldn’t have to ask him.
i feel awful now because he then 30 mins later said “hope you have fun”
Just an immature comment by him. Ignore.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
Just an immature comment by him. Ignore.

even with what i said above?
hope he never sees my post lol 😭 yeah it was immature in both ways.
even with what i said above?
hope he never sees my post lol 😭 yeah it was immature in both ways.

Was the convo via text or in person?
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Was the convo via text or in person?

via text
Reply 9
via text

And that's why there's a problem; there's no real nuance in short text messages. Pick up the phone and talk when you think something is an issue!
Original post by Surnia
And that's why there's a problem; there's no real nuance in short text messages. Pick up the phone and talk when you think something is an issue!

This.
Hi,
Am I over reacting?

If he's not joking then dump him
Reply 12
the honeymoon period is over…
Reply 13
Please be very, very careful. This could be the start of coercive and controlling behaviour - very intense words/actions in the start of a relationship, then making you feel bad/strange for seeing your own friends. it was on the news the other day (BBC Breakfast one morning this week, I forget which day)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending