The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!!

I am also starting the Y032 course in Feb 14 :smile: First time in higher education so exited but nervous to start.

You done any higher education before?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by lp7422
Hey!!

I am also starting the Y032 course in Feb 14 :smile: First time in higher education so exited but nervous to start.

You done any higher education before?

Yes its my first time too!

Just received a text book about social science to see what its like, oh my! It is degree level though so its hard!

Lets keep in touch and help one another!
Reply 3
What book is it?

Sure the more help the better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
I started studying this course in October, it's great and really interesting. There's no particular pre reading required, the course books cover everything you need to know!
Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey Chloe, How you finding the course? what you doing after you complete? Liam
Hi Liam, finding it interesting and easy to follow! Perhaps a bit slow paced for me, however it'll probably get more intense as time goes on!
Hoping to go onto do a law degree or possibly an open degree, not decided yet!
Chloe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi I'm also starting starting YO32 in February and I really can't wait to get going! Il leave my FB if anyone wants a study buddy.

https://www.facebook.com/crafty91
Reply 8
Hi guys, I'm starting this course in Feb too and am also new to higher education. Can't wait to get started!! :smile:
Reply 9
What you all going to study after this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
@rjglen24 I'm going on to do BA (hons) Business Studies. What you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lp7422
@rjglen24 I'm going on to do BA (hons) Business Studies. What you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in my final year studying biology and chemistry...

I did just want to say though, I started off with one of these courses as even though I started at 24 I was new to HE study... My level 1 courses were ok but it took me a while to get into it but when I was it was great. I'm now on for a 1st class degree!! Reason I'm saying this is because even though your new to HE and the books look daunting as hell (especially the sciences and maths) you guys will surprise yourself!!

I wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by kjglen24
I'm in my final year studying biology and chemistry...

I did just want to say though, I started off with one of these courses as even though I started at 24 I was new to HE study... My level 1 courses were ok but it took me a while to get into it but when I was it was great. I'm now on for a 1st class degree!! Reason I'm saying this is because even though your new to HE and the books look daunting as hell (especially the sciences and maths) you guys will surprise yourself!!

I wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks @kjgen24 and well done you!! I'll doing a Bsc hons in Psychology after this course and just hope I can persevere like you did! :smile:.
Reply 13
Hi , I start also next year
Reply 14
Original post by chloehaguee
Hi
I started studying this course in October, it's great and really interesting. There's no particular pre reading required, the course books cover everything you need to know!
Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, please will you tell me the book name or any book I can read , I start in February
Reply 15
Original post by kjglen24
What you all going to study after this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking of doing health and social care, will see how I get on with this course,haven't study for 12 years
Reply 16
Original post by Louisaposh
Yes its my first time too!

Just received a text book about social science to see what its like, oh my! It is degree level though so its hard!

Lets keep in touch and help one another!

Hi, can you tell me the book name or anything I can read about the course, just want to get ready , I have 2 children I know it will be hard, advance reading might help
Hi

I haven't done any reading outside of the course books - which are sent directly from the uni.

The first unit covers 'individuals'

Some topics that are covered are:

Influences in childhood/teenage years
Whether an individual choose to be healthy
Organising thoughts in psychology
Cultural groups
Migration
Law responsibilities in children and adults
Self motivation

You could look for articles and so on about these topics but honestly I wouldn't panic because the books cover everything you need to know! You'll also get the books a good few weeks before the official start date, so you can get a good head start! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I received my pack yesterday :smile: had a quick read through some of the stuff and carnt wait to get started. Anyone else got theirs??
I got my pack through today. I'm more excited than I have been for years but so so nervous. I'm glad to meet some other people who are studying the same course.

Latest