The Student Room Group

Girl/Guy on the train. Your stories

Everybody in the world who's been on a train(long or short distance) unless you're fully asexual(no offence) knows this scenario. See a hot person, you stare, they hopefully stare back and if you're lucky you'll get a conversation out of it, you'll probably won't see them again too depending on the train route and you wonder why you didn't make a move.

My last one was on a long distance train to sheffield, looked at her a little bit, then looked at my window which reflected, I catch her looking through her window so pretty much we were looking at each other the whole time.

Any one got their story? Yes loserish I know but most people have done it so oh well. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Well I don't know what trains you've been getting, but the only seductive looks I've ever received were from the drunk, smelly man slumped across two seats who'd already had a skinful at 8am.
Reply 2
I'm getting on a 2 hour train journey back home tonight and how I wish I could meet a good-looking guy that fancied me :frown:
This reminds me of that song, I think it was used in a match.com advert. You know 'the girl on the platform smiled'. To answer your question, I've waited at bus stops before and liked a girl there, but I don't use the train much!
Reply 4
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well I don't know what trains you've been getting, but the only seductive looks I've ever received were from the drunk, smelly man slumped across two seats who'd already had a skinful at 8am.

Long distance trains tbf so you'd have less bums in there if they have to pay a tenner or more for the route, what city/town do you reside in?
Reply 5
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

This really. Was on a train to Newcastle once, sat across from this guy who was absolutely sloshed and he kept looking at my chest and asking me how old I was etc. Then his wife called to make things even more cringeworthy. :facepalm2:
I was once about to strike up conversation with a very attractive girl opposite to me until I saw she was reading a Paul Coelho book.
No experiences on a train, but I met one of my exes on the bus. We used to get the same bus every Monday on my way to college and her way to work. I always used to catch her looking at me and she'd ways look away quickly. Then one day for some reason the bus was unusually packed and when I got on the only spare seat was next to her. I sensed an opening for chit chat and "accidentally" knocked her leg with my bag as I sat down followed by an "Ooh sorry, I'm so clumsy... bloody cold this morning innit?".
Reply 8
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I was once about to strike up conversation with a very attractive girl opposite to me until I saw she was reading a Paul Coelho book.

Sometimes its just worth doing that tbh. I think the problem is people are shy or scared to get out their circles on train journeys unless required to do so. Plus there's the likelyhood of you never seeing them again.
Original post by jam277
Sometimes its just worth doing that tbh. I think the problem is people are shy or scared to get out their circles on train journeys unless required to do so. Plus there's the likelyhood of you never seeing them again.

I agree. It's pretty risk-free. The worst that can happen is you get a 'no thanks'. I think you'd also get kudos points from the other passengers pretending to not listen in!
I was on a train to work and there was a guy cutting his finger nails a bit away from me. I must have made some odd look because the guy opposite me (not cutting his nails) also did the same look and we both smiled.
Also, when going into sixth form on the train, on occasion I used to see a very cute guy on the train, I used to stare at him a LOT.

That count?

But you're right OP, practically every train/bus I take for work/uni I see someone who I might keep glancing at for a while, generally makes my journey more interesting....
I have no stories.
Nobody has ever stared at me on any public transport. :frown: Except for that time when I nearly fell into someone's lap when the bus started moving :sad:
Reply 12
Original post by Precious Illusions
This really. Was on a train to Newcastle once, sat across from this guy who was absolutely sloshed and he kept looking at my chest and asking me how old I was etc. Then his wife called to make things even more cringeworthy. :facepalm2:

Tbf you live in essex so not surprised :lol: But that's awkward as hell.
Original post by kath_igidbashian
I was on a train to work and there was a guy cutting his finger nails a bit away from me. I must have made some odd look because the guy opposite me (not cutting his nails) also did the same look and we both smiled.
Also, when going into sixth form on the train, on occasion I used to see a very cute guy on the train, I used to stare at him a LOT.

That count?

But you're right OP, practically every train/bus I take for work/uni I see someone who I might keep glancing at for a while, generally makes my journey more interesting....

Yup does count, I know that feeling haha. Yeah generally I don't get responses. Although there are a couple times when really all I need to do is literally break the ice
What a strange thread with equally strange replies. I go on the train all the time but how anyway can find a a cold, sweaty, smelly and dirty train a nice romantic setting is completely beyond me.

Although, I did meet my ex girlfriend on
a platform but not the actual train so my point is still valid.
Original post by Maid Marian
I have no stories.
Nobody has ever stared at me on any public transport. :frown: Except for that time when I nearly fell into someone's lap when the bus started moving :sad:

:console:
One time I was on the 453 and some guy told a woman to control her kid, and then the woman was staring at him pretty intensely. Then the woman's friend punched him and they had a bit of a scuffle, and EVERYONE was staring at them.

does that count?
A a fairly attractive guy started chatting to me on a train once. We had a nice time so when he asked for my number before I had to get off, I gave it to him. We ended up going on a date, but I just didnt feel he was my type. But it was worth trying. You never know!
Reply 17
Original post by jam277
Tbf you live in essex so not surprised :lol: But that's awkward as hell.

:rofl: It wasn't even in Essex! I was on a train to Newcastle and I don't think he got on till like midway through the journey :lol: Though yeah Essex is pretty bad for that stuff, though I'd say it happens more on buses than the tube where I'm from.
Original post by WoodyMKC
No experiences on a train, but I met one of my exes on the bus. We used to get the same bus every Monday on my way to college and her way to work. I always used to catch her looking at me and she'd ways look away quickly. Then one day for some reason the bus was unusually packed and when I got on the only spare seat was next to her. I sensed an opening for chit chat and "accidentally" knocked her leg with my bag as I sat down followed by an "Ooh sorry, I'm so clumsy... bloody cold this morning innit?".

Ahh, British romance :flutter:

Nah I've had some girl smile at me the whole journey on a train, I'd look away and then back at her and when we looked at each other her smile widened but i was on the train to my ex so...I wouldn't have asked why she was like that.
(edited 10 years ago)
After I left college, I found out that someone we used to get the train home with asked my best friend to ask me out for him.
I think the whole two years we never said anything to each other different than 'Hi, you alright?' so I thought that was kinda sweet. He never did ask though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending