The Student Room Group

Is there still a chance?

Ive seen this girl around regularly for the past month or so. Weve never spoke. She was interested at first but recently shes giving me the cold shoulder like ive creeped her out. Ive left it too late and i regret not approaching her sooner. I will see her again regularly and i am planning on approaching but will this creep her out even more if she is already?. At the end of the day im just aporoaching a regular familiar face in a casual manner theres nothing wrong with that. Just approach her and act like nothing happened?

Im hoping 1 conversation with her can change everything to show her who i really am....

Please help me

Scroll to see replies

Yes approach her if you like her. As a girl I can get put off if someone has been looking at me for a while but not approached me. It shows they lack confidence or just aren’t interested. A casual introduction cant do you much harm
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yes approach her if you like her. As a girl I can get put off if someone has been looking at me for a while but not approached me. It shows they lack confidence or just aren’t interested. A casual introduction cant do you much harm

I will and i need to. The only way this will happen is if i get close to her which may look a bit wierd but its the only way.
Reply 3

Do you think a convo could rekindle any interest she did have for me?

You don't think you should help them out and actually speak to them then?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do you think a convo could rekindle any interest she did have for me?

yes it definitely could. you dont know her yet so dont know if you will even truely be interested. talk to her so you can both figure out how you feel :smile:
Reply 6
Ive seen this girl around regularly for the past month or so. Weve never spoke. She was interested at first but recently shes giving me the cold shoulder like ive creeped her out. Ive left it too late and i regret not approaching her sooner. I will see her again regularly and i am planning on approaching but will this creep her out even more if she is already?. At the end of the day im just aporoaching a regular familiar face in a casual manner theres nothing wrong with that. Just approach her and act like nothing happened?

Im hoping 1 conversation with her can change everything to show her who i really am....

Please help me

How do you know she was interested if you've never spoken?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia

A guy can tell from the glances. Smiles awkward behaviour
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
You don't think you should help them out and actually speak to them then?

True but a shy introvert girl will never have a back and forth in public. Its too awkward for them. They dont have the skill or confidence for that. Its all upto the guy in this case
Reply 9
A guy can tell from the glances. Smiles awkward behaviour

And what can you tell from the cold shoulder?

Or the fact that you might be overthinking things?
Reply 10
Original post by Surnia
And what can you tell from the cold shoulder?

Or the fact that you might be overthinking things?

Maybe i am overthinking. When its busy she gives me the cold shoulder as in doesnt look like shes open to talk but when its quiet she seems okay.

What am i overthinking then?
Reply 11
Maybe i am overthinking. When its busy she gives me the cold shoulder as in doesnt look like shes open to talk but when its quiet she seems okay.

What am i overthinking then?

All these supposedly meaningful looks from someone you've never spoken with, but ignoring the negatives.
Reply 12
Original post by Surnia
All these supposedly meaningful looks from someone you've never spoken with, but ignoring the negatives.

What are the negatives?
What are the negatives?

You need ask?

The girl is cold to you a lot of the time, that's the negative. After a while you should be thinking that she's not positive towards you enough of the time to go with.

In my book that means she's likely not enough into you. She probably gets off on the ego boost when things are quiet of you perving over her, flirting with your eyes but if she was really bothered she would make time for you or at least show interest here & there when she is busier.

Eye flirting with her is addictive and ego boosting but it hands all the power over to her and lessens your worth to her. She knows she can have you whenever she wants so ease of supply means low value. Don't get too caught up in eye flirting as that can make it more difficult instead concentrate on just talking to her as another everyday person. That may be a lot more awkward now due to all the eye flirting thing hence why to not get trapped down that path.
Reply 14
You need ask?

The girl is cold to you a lot of the time, that's the negative. After a while you should be thinking that she's not positive towards you enough of the time to go with.

In my book that means she's likely not enough into you. She probably gets off on the ego boost when things are quiet of you perving over her, flirting with your eyes but if she was really bothered she would make time for you or at least show interest here & there when she is busier.

Eye flirting with her is addictive and ego boosting but it hands all the power over to her and lessens your worth to her. She knows she can have you whenever she wants so ease of supply means low value. Don't get too caught up in eye flirting as that can make it more difficult instead concentrate on just talking to her as another everyday person. That may be a lot more awkward now due to all the eye flirting thing hence why to not get trapped down that path.

Maybe but i think its more to do with being socially awkward as im the same and i might have enen come across as cold to her as well. At this point i think theres no harm in approaching her casually and lightheartedly just to break the ice.
Reply 15
You need ask?

I know to you guys it sounds like ive got the wrong end of the stick but at first this girl did seem interested but i didnt act and now i regret it. I just need to approach her so i feel better
Reply 16
Original post by Surnia

that's what i was thinking
You need ask?

You sound like a pound-shop pick up artist. 'Low value'? 'Ease of supply'? Girls do not 'get off on the ego boost of being perved over', they're too busy wondering if you're some kind of stalker.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by AAHHHHHHH
that's what i was thinking

Meaning shes open to talk she did smile at me a few times and tried to sit close to me etc. I just left it too late but tgeres still a chance
Reply 19
Original post by NameUserer
You sound like a pound-shop pick up artist. 'Low value'? 'Ease of supply'? Girls do not 'get off on the ego boost of being perved over', they're too busy wondering if you're some kind of stalker.

Girls do the exact same thing as well to get your attention.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending