The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by rtzj00
nice - are you second year law student or third year non-law?

I am a law graduate.
Original post by mousetrap786
Gooner- within 5-10 working days.

Thank you!
Reply 382
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea how long Eversheds takes to get back to you after the SJT? Also, got PFOd from Ashurst yesterday. To all those with interviews/offers, congratulations!
Does anyone know how long Bevan Brittan take to get back to you after VRT?
Reply 384
Original post by HoneyBee67
Does anyone know how long Bevan Brittan take to get back to you after VRT?

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by divamk
How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it went fine. There just wasn't a lot of time for each question! Have you had yours?
Reply 386
I think it went fine. There just wasn't a lot of time for each question! Have you had yours?

I haven't had a response yet. I applied on 23rd July so I'm trying to be patient.

Let me know if you hear from them post vrt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diya123
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea how long Eversheds takes to get back to you after the SJT? Also, got PFOd from Ashurst yesterday. To all those with interviews/offers, congratulations!

Hi Diya123,

Eversheds got back to me the next day I did the SJT (this was about a month ago).
Original post by divamk
I haven't had a response yet. I applied on 23rd July so I'm trying to be patient.

Let me know if you hear from them post vrt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure.
Did you manage to work out the Anthony Gold application in the end?
Original post by IndreOK
Has anyone heard anything from Reed Smith post verbal reasoning test? Thanks! :smile:

I have just completed the VR test. Have you heard back yet? I've not heard anything.
Original post by Diya123
Hi,

Same for me. Submitted my app and did the SJT over 3 weeks ago and still no response... Should I assume a PFO?

I want to email them to enquire about how long it will take but don't want to bother them at such a busy period and piss them off..
Reply 391
Hi Marksie, when did you send in your application and when did you complete the VRT?
Reply 392
Sorry this is probably a stupid question, but is the deadline tonight i.e before 12am, or do we have until the end of tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ap28
Sorry this is probably a stupid question, but is the deadline tonight i.e before 12am, or do we have until the end of tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline for the majority of firms will be at 11:59pm tomorrow.
Original post by SamSam786
Hi Diya123,

Eversheds got back to me the next day I did the SJT (this was about a month ago).

SamSam - Are you saying that Eversheds have responded to you post SJT? If so, was the response positive or negative?

I hope all is going well with your applications. :smile:
Original post by EatThyCorn
Anyone heard from Clydes, Twobirds, Edwards Wildman, RPC, WFW or Olswang?

Online Test from RPC. I applied yesterday so quick turnaround, unless it automatic.
Harbottle & Lewis interview invitation.
Original post by LegalEagle2016
SamSam - Are you saying that Eversheds have responded to you post SJT? If so, was the response positive or negative?

I hope all is going well with your applications. :smile:

Hey LegalEagle! Yep they responded the next day and the response was negative. It was weird though considering I found their SJT relatively easier than others I've done :s-smilie:.

For example, I did the Wragge SJT, passed and went on to do the VRT but that test was possibly the hardest one I've done.

I have a long history of not doing so well on the easier tasks and performing much better on harder tasks (probably because I focus much more on what's harder! :confused:) Hope this isn't the case with anyone else as it is quite annoying!

I haven't had that many responses out of the 25 or so applications I've made. I applied end of May- mid June so this is quite stressful now. Hope all is going with you and everyone else on the forum - this can be quite nerve-wrecking :eek:. How are things with your applications?
Reply 398
Sure.
Did you manage to work out the Anthony Gold application in the end?

Yeah I did eventually. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Hey guys,

I'd appreciate some advice about the possibility of me obtaining a training contract? and whether it is even worth applying this year...
I currently read Law at Nottingham Trent University - 1st year (mid 2:1) 2nd year (Low 2:1-60%),
I have 320 UCAS points (A,A,C),
12 A-C grades GCSEs
2 weeks work experience in a highstreet firm, some ECs, secretary of a society...

I understand how difficult it is to obtain a training contract which has made a pessimist about applying this year, but if anyone is in a similar situation or could offer some handy advice I would really appreciate it. I understand tomorrow is the last day for applying but I don't want to regret not giving it a shot! I am currently looking at firms such as Irwin Mitchell; ideally, I would love to work in a mid-size firm based around London.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending