The Student Room Group

Are there any heavily digital design based uni courses?

Help please!! I have been looking at a lot of uni courses and most of the ones I have found seem to be mainly traditional design (print and physical products). I know I cant get away with doing a design course without doing some work of that nature. Does anyone know of any courses that are more digitally based. All of the digital design courses focus on 3d and web design which I don't do so Im really stuck with what to choose.

The work I mainly do is branding/logo design, advertising. And is pretty much all done on my PC/Mac with only a few basic sketches of ideas that then get drafted into Illustrator.

The courses I'm sliding towards are;

Ravensbourne - Digital Advertising Design
Middlesex - Graphic Design
UEL - Graphic Design

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by PaddyKellaway
Help please!! I have been looking at a lot of uni courses and most of the ones I have found seem to be mainly traditional design (print and physical products). I know I cant get away with doing a design course without doing some work of that nature. Does anyone know of any courses that are more digitally based. All of the digital design courses focus on 3d and web design which I don't do so Im really stuck with what to choose.

The work I mainly do is branding/logo design, advertising. And is pretty much all done on my PC/Mac with only a few basic sketches of ideas that then get drafted into Illustrator.

The courses I'm sliding towards are;

Ravensbourne - Digital Advertising Design
Middlesex - Graphic Design
UEL - Graphic Design

Thanks in advance.

How about this Digital Art and Technology at Plymouth:
http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/4315/Pages/CourseOverview.aspx

I have heard good feedback from their students.
Hi,

Thank you for considering us.

Our Digital Advertising and Design course covers many grounds over the three years.

You will cover the web part of it but not 3D printing although it is only a basic study into web and media presence.

The great thing about Raves is you will do a work experience unit for the course and we do not have exams !

Here is a yearly run down of the course :
http://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2014-2015/graphic-and-motion-graphic-design/ba-(hons)-digital-advertising-and-design/

Good Luck !

Quick Reply

Latest