The Student Room Group

I am so ugly

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by chronic_fatigue
I see you are new here. Threads like this get posted by the same people multiple times. I don't mind hearing people's problems but this is not something anyone in here can solve. No one on here can make the OP feel better about herself and that includes you. She needs to build her self esteem herself. She is measuring her self worth based on what people around her say which is stupid. The ugly threads should all be merged together for anyone else who feel ugly to look. The advice is always the same yet the 'I'm so ugly' keep threads never end. If you are not happy with what I said ignore it and move on.

But the same could be said about the 'I can't find a partner' threads and the
'I'm still a virgin threads' - some topics are going to be common as they are things that cause a lot of people problems on an ongoing basis

The person often doesn't even want a solution; they want people to listen and be understanding and offer sympathy a lot of the time

Perhaps you're right and there should be a separate 'Body image problems'
forum where threads of this type can reside but to say they should not keep occurring is a bit unrealistic

It's like telling a person to stop being bullied when they have no control over the way other people are treating them; they need some support to help them handle their situation

In my opinion it's comforting to see threads about problems that I have been through or go through myself - it means I can identify with the person and let them know I've experienced the situation as well and it helps people to feel less alone

You have a different style of relating to the world and coping with problems so you don't relate to this type of thread but it takes all sorts to make a world, so surely a little more tolerance of peoples' different ways of coping wouldn't go amiss?
(edited 10 years ago)
you're definitely not ugly
Reply 102
You have a bf. I'd rather be ugly and have a gf. Rather than have the finest-looking body and face (plus humongous penis) without a gf to use it on.
Original post by Rock Fan
Right can we please stop the arguing and name calling, otherwise this thread will get locked, thanks.

Hey why was one of my comments deleted?
Reply 104
Hi guys, OP here.

I posted this thread because I was at a very low point and needed somewhere to vent a bit. I have suffered from depression twice and I think it's back for a third time. This thread is part of a bigger problem, but I'm going to try and go to the doctor on Friday.
Reply 105
not many people are physically beautiful

just go on a matchmaking site, you'll soon see there are plenty of people who would be attracted to you
If it helps, I like your twitter background...
Reply 107
Original post by Stevo112
is "ikr" english for something, or do you have a problem with your spelling too?:rolleyes:

you have more problems than the OP

Grammar nazi.
Original post by TalkingLion
If it helps, I like your twitter background...

Why would that help..it's not her face.
Reply 109
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, OP here.

I posted this thread because I was at a very low point and needed somewhere to vent a bit. I have suffered from depression twice and I think it's back for a third time. This thread is part of a bigger problem, but I'm going to try and go to the doctor on Friday.

I get depression too and have to take anti-depressants permanently as whenever I come off them I go downhill. It's good that you're seeing your
GP as it's better to start any medication if you need it sooner rather than later.
Original post by aeon439
I care so less of the collective 'we' if you don't mind

shut up
Reply 111
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Man up. You've got a bf so you can't be that ugly..

*Woman up
Reply 112
Original post by holasenorita1
shut up

yes it's a great pity the negative rep thing has gone - your score would be off the scale!
Original post by Xscape
*Woman up

Nah man up. Man up is the general term imo for everyone.
Reply 114
To be honest, today I was actually looking around at people's faces, looking for ugly people (I appologize for my behaviour) but I did not find a single person who I though had an ugly face. All people had there bad and good features but I haven't seen a single person who was ugly. Moreover, the decision whether you are ugly or not is not yours. I can't believe that you've met such people who said that but all people have their own problems and not everyone can control their emotions and a lot of human beings exadurate what they mean immensely. I've probably never seen you, so I cannot tell you whether you are ugly or not but I do strongly believe that a person cannot be ugly in terms of features. In my preception, an ugly person is the person who has the power to control themselves and understands the consequence of their behaviour but they do things which cause others to suffer. If your bf tells you that you are pretty, you cannot tell him that he must think that you are not just because you don't like your reflection. it is HIS opinion. He likes you for who you are. You've been together for 4 years! That is amazing! For a lot of 'very pretty girls' relationships last for like a week or a month if they are lucky. 'Pretty' girls rarely have bf's who like them for their inside and not their outside. You are lucky you've got someone who loves you. Enjoy it. :redface:
Reply 115
OMG! Girl! You have a boyfriend who thinks that you gorgeous! What else do you need? Any other opinion shouldn't matter to you! Stop complaining!
YOU are my girl
I was going to post almost the same thing
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
If you all insist on photos...

www.twitter.com/snowyowl91.

My boyfriend follows me and he insisted I put photos up because he likes them. So there.

I don't know what this thread is for really, I just needed to vent before I did something stupid.

Honey, tell me one thing ugly about you....

i mean, you look so pretty.
those eyes, hair, smile, figure and not to forget your complexion....it's all just BEAUTIFUL.
and consider yourself lucky, having a boyfriend since the last 4 years.
There are girls who crave for the features you have, want sincere boyfriends like you have.
And if someone called you names, forget it, it's just them being envious or hurting you on purpose or maybe you misunderstood them.
Just forget it and try to gain Self esteem and confidence...
you look great! :smile:
Original post by Hellcat12
Honey, tell me one thing ugly about you....

i mean, you look so pretty.
those eyes, hair, smile, figure and not to forget your complexion....it's all just BEAUTIFUL.
and consider yourself lucky, having a boyfriend since the last 4 years.
There are girls who crave for the features you have, want sincere boyfriends like you have.
And if someone called you names, forget it, it's just them being envious or hurting you on purpose or maybe you misunderstood them.
Just forget it and try to gain Self esteem and confidence...
you look great! :smile:

Did you look at the wrong twitter page?
Original post by Maid Marian
:smile: Yeah, there doesn't seem to be enough understanding of mental health issues :cry2: People don't understand.

It's because you're looking in the wrong places. TSR is not one that is recognised for compassion and support (from my knowledge).

If you want to know more about mental health, go to your GP or a NHS or something other than looking at TSR for sympathy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending