The Student Room Group

Feel bad calling others unattractive

For some reason I seem to be the only person who thinks like this especially in my school.

It may sound cringy but I am genuinely able to find/ see the beauty in everyone. Like you could point me out any person and I can find something about them that is attractive.

I can never call anyone ugly or make fun of their appearance. I am just unable to do so. The thing that really gets to me is that people my age always say horrible things like "his face is ugly but his body is fit" and it's the same for what boys say about girls too.

I hate things like kiss, marry, kill because they are obviously based on physical attractiveness (most of the time), rating others out of 10, ranking people by their attractiveness, making fun of people's looks with friends and people gagging/ pretending to be sick when certain people are mentioned just because they are deemed "ugly". I can't stand any of it and despise people who constantly make fun of others appearances.

I am on edge constantly because I there is about a 99% chance I have been mentioned in things like this and it makes me feel sick. Does anyone else think like me?
Reply 1
It's just kids being kids and if you're more mature than that, then good on you - it will set you in good stead. Try not to overthink it. What these kids think will be immaterial in every aspect of your life once you leave school. It's certainly not worth working yourself into an upset over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending