The Student Room Group

Math Studies/SL

Hi,
I'm doing IB1 and was considering moving from Math Studies to SL. I want to study Danish at the University of Copenhagen. I would like to ask you about the differences between SL and Studies in terms of difficulty and the workload. Is there anybody who has moved from SL to Studies or the other way round (I can see the first one is much more common, that's why I'm a bit unsure about my decision). How much time did you spent on studying for both levels? What were your grades?
Thanks in advance :smile:
I don't think a higher level or standard level math is relevant for studying a language. Just as long as you do well in a Literature and language at HL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi,
Thanks. However, I rather need to know what is the workload. Did you maybe move from Studies to SL or the other way round?
It depends on how competent you are at Maths. I have friends who find Maths relatively easy, so when they moved from SL to Studies, they found their workload decreased hugely, as there were fewer new concepts to learn, and didn't have to do much work outside of lessons. However, if you're very good at Maths, you might find that SL is easy for you.

I would advise anyone making that decision to remain in Studies unless you're very good at Maths, or your course requires it. You will make the IBD much easier for yourself :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by addictedtotea
It depends on how competent you are at Maths. I have friends who find Maths relatively easy, so when they moved from SL to Studies, they found their workload decreased hugely, as there were fewer new concepts to learn, and didn't have to do much work outside of lessons. However, if you're very good at Maths, you might find that SL is easy for you.

I would advise anyone making that decision to remain in Studies unless you're very good at Maths, or your course requires it. You will make the IBD much easier for yourself :smile:

That's the thing. I don't need math for my course and I am not very good at it although I find it quite easy. I just like it and want to challenge myself. I may later regret it :tongue:
Reply 5
Can anybody here help me with the IB math studies internal assessment if so please private message me I need help!!!
Reply 6
Original post by nk12345
Can anybody here help me with the IB math studies internal assessment if so please private message me I need help!!!

What do you want to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending