The Student Room Group

Interested in doing your Bachelor at University of St. Gallen IN ENGLISH?

Hey guys,

this year, I enrolled at University of St. Gallen for studying the Bachelor here, which can be studied (almost) entirely in English for the first time and would like to present you this option.

It might be a good choice to go to St. Gallen as the University has indeed a good reputation, tuition fees for EU nationals are ok (5000 Euro per year) and that you are obliged to choose between studying Economics, Business Administration, Economics and Law, International Affairs only after the first year.

For the admission: If you finish school in Europe, you are required to take an entrance exam (intelligence test) here at the Uni and nothing else counts. You can prepare for that and in case you do so, you are almost safe to be in.

The entire program is 3 years, so you only study two years in your major. You are free to choose and do not have to apply for the majors.

The University of St. Gallen (HSG) is located in the german-speaking part of Switzerland. Living costs are high, but lower than in London, for sure.

HSG made me decline my unconditional offers from Warwick (BSc Management), St. Andrews (MA Econ and Management, no tuition fees(EU national)) and Strathclyde (MA International Management).

So please feel free to contact me in case you are interested.

hsgstudent
Reply 1
Hi! Are you still currently enrolled? My daughter is very much interested in going to St. Gallen for her Bachelor. We are from the USA and she is in her senior year. Did you take the SATs when you applied? Most test centers are closed now due to the pandemic so I was wondering if that will affect her. Also, is it easy to get into the Bachelor program or is it highly competitive? It would really help if you can give us some pointers on how to go about her admissions. Looking forward to hearing from you.MJ
Hi there i have a set of questionsThe first can u apply at 19 after a gap year?Does ur old grades and performance matter?Whats the best way to prepare for the entrance exams?What is student life like?Can you double major?Sorry if its long but am very interested in St Gallen and you dont get many people talking about their experiences.
Original post by ChairmanJafy300
Hi there i have a set of questionsThe first can u apply at 19 after a gap year?Does ur old grades and performance matter?Whats the best way to prepare for the entrance exams?What is student life like?Can you double major?Sorry if its long but am very interested in St Gallen and you dont get many people talking about their experiences.

Hey there pal, I am in the exact same situation as you, on a gap year and wanting to apply to HSG. You willing to discuss the process with me?
Hi, thank you!
My son got admitted to HSG for the bachelor in Economics.
He is an IB graduate in Singapore and while he hold a German passport, his language skills are about at B1 level.
His other language is Chinese, maybe B1-2 level. Can he survive?

Original post by hsgstudent
Hey guys,

this year, I enrolled at University of St. Gallen for studying the Bachelor here, which can be studied (almost) entirely in English for the first time and would like to present you this option.

It might be a good choice to go to St. Gallen as the University has indeed a good reputation, tuition fees for EU nationals are ok (5000 Euro per year) and that you are obliged to choose between studying Economics, Business Administration, Economics and Law, International Affairs only after the first year.

For the admission: If you finish school in Europe, you are required to take an entrance exam (intelligence test) here at the Uni and nothing else counts. You can prepare for that and in case you do so, you are almost safe to be in.

The entire program is 3 years, so you only study two years in your major. You are free to choose and do not have to apply for the majors.

The University of St. Gallen (HSG) is located in the german-speaking part of Switzerland. Living costs are high, but lower than in London, for sure.

HSG made me decline my unconditional offers from Warwick (BSc Management), St. Andrews (MA Econ and Management, no tuition fees(EU national)) and Strathclyde (MA International Management).

hsgstudent
Reply 5
Original post by hsgstudent
Hey guys,

hsgstudent

Hey I would like to go to the university of st gallen too! I would love to ask you some questions and chat a bit, where can I contact you (email, twitter...)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending