The Student Room Group

a level stress

Okay, so I started my AS levels in September - History, Biology, Electronics and Classical Civilisation - and I am so stressed!!! I missed the first week and a half because I was in hospital so straight away I was behind on work, plus I moved up to this College with 0 friends and I am incredibly shy. I managed to catch up on the work and my grades are alright but I am majorly falling behind on my notes, I try to catch up but I never have the time, there's always homework to do. When I try to do notes I just start thinking of all I have to do and I end up crying in my room cos I have no idea where to start. And now I'm spending every break & lunch on my own in the library... what do I do if I fail my as or drop out?
Reply 1
a levels is supposed to be horrible.

gets better at uni
Welcome to the life of A-levels. I practically dreaded AS I just got through as I had interest in the subjects I chose.
Do you have a personal tutor at college? If so, have a chat with them. Let them know that you're struggling and see what they suggest.
Reply 4
Original post by smd4std
a levels is supposed to be horrible.

gets better at uni

Only first year... 2nd year is the same work load as A levels, final year is much worse.

And OP, you should set a revision timetable, just dedicate one day of the week to each subject and forget about everything else. That's what im doing, if i am sitting there with all my notes and books out from every subject i will just stress out. You need to just focus on one single subject at a time and forget about the rest. Organisation is key. If you're organised then you will feel much more clear headed and will be able to get through your work more efficiently instead of sitting there worrying about everything that needs doing.
Reply 5
Maybe try talk to someone in one of your classes? See if anything comes out of it. Friends can be a big morale boost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats basically A levels.
But, hopefully it gets better after this. Basically, try to do most of the work you can in school itself; any free lessons or lunch. Then, maybe do courseworks during half terms (assuming you can get teachers to give you some kind of pointers in advance) before hand so you dont have to do that during school hours. If there is time during half terms, make advance notes as well...
Timing will still be a issue, but it isn't that bad. Reducing sleeping time and coffee should help out with the timing.

And if possible try to have one close friend who is in most of your lessons and studies. You will be surprised how much it helps to talk things to them about it. Complain about the tests, notes and then get back to working again... it helps get the stress out.

If you think there is too much to do , and dont know where to start then dont think about all of the subjects. Just think about one subject and take on just that one subject, deciding to finish everything on that subject within x amount of days.

Then do same for another subject. This seems to work for me....

Quick Reply

Latest