The Student Room Group

Lana Del Rey's Music

I was having a discussion with my brother today who told me that he hated her music.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find her music to be rather poetic? I mean, just reading her lyrics, they are like poems to do with different stages of a saddening relationship which ended on a bittersweet note.

I just find her to be one of the very few artists whose songs I really enjoy because it's just so raw and full of emotion.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like it
Reply 2
Dear lord when I get to heaven, let me bring my man

Poetic huh? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
She sounds like a drugged Russian stripper trying to sing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
she looks like a downy.

cracking set of tits though and nice pins too.

7/10 would bang.
Reply 5
Her songs are OK but I don't like her voice.
Her voice is unique, either like it or you don't I think.
Reply 7
Born to die is one of the greatest albums of all time. We are all lucky to have witnessed prime mood aphrodite.
Reply 8
I love her, shame I can only ever think of her as music I had sex to with my ex.

I'd recommend it as sex music :yep:
Original post by nguyenj
I was having a discussion with my brother today who told me that he hated her music.
Is it just me, or does anyone else find her music to be rather poetic? I mean, just reading her lyrics, they are like poems to do with different stages of a saddening relationship which ended on a bittersweet note.
I just find her to be one of the very few artists whose songs I really enjoy because it's just so raw and full of emotion.

It's apparently cool to dismiss her music, same as Coldplay. Personally, there is something about her voice that makes me want to hear more. And I heard she has a new album sometime very soon :smile:

Apparently, she dropped the pitch of her voice to be taken more seriously. I've only heard of one other singer who managed that (Marianne Faithfull) and she was helped by ciggies, drugs and alcohol. Check out 'Broken English' - that's pretty raw stuff too.
(edited 10 years ago)
She can't sing live. She can't sing period tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Her music is somehow unique, you either love it or hate it.
I liked 'young and beautiful' but purely because of The Great Gatsby.

If I'm honest, sometimes she sounds like she's just talking, like practised karaoke? :dontknow:
I think her music sounds very good produced, for example Video Games is pretty awesome. She cannot sing live though.
Original post by nguyenj

Jazzy B is a lot better, his lyrics really touch me
I think her music is different (in a good way).I really liked young and beautiful. I thought her voice really suited reuniting gatsby and daisy.
(edited 10 years ago)
I love her music and her voice and there was even a period where i would do nothing but listen to her non-stop on repeat. But you have to admit, her songs are sooo depressing!!
Original post by Precious Illusions
Her songs are OK but I don't like her voice.

Sounds like she is singing while duckfacing.

I like her. I don't think she's the greatest artist ever but her stuff is very well produced & I like her voice. Couple of things I don't like but they're minor anyway.

It's a yes from me.
Haven't really thought of her as being poetic before, but I guess you have a point

Either way, I love her music
Reply 19
I really love her - I remember when Video Games first came out and I really didn't like it, I thought it was too slow and whiney, but then I was convinced to listen to her album and I love it so much, it's probably one of my most played of the year (the Paradise edition). I agree she's definitely got a way with words, some of her lyrics are really strong - they feel really natural. I think my favourites are probably Dark Paradise, Off To The Races and Without You.

Quick Reply

Latest