The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I only drink wine on special occasions and only if it's the only alcohol there! :biggrin:
J20, orange juice or water. Being a tee-totaller (so some may class me as 'boring' lol) I obviously don't drink alcohol.
I have incredibly womanly drinking habits but my favourites are:

Double vodka and red bull - gives you such a kick. A few of those and youre bouncing off the walls and cant sit still for hours

Flaming sambuca - a nice shot, flames! substance abuse!! What more could you want?

I drink Carling if its lunchtime or a gig and i drink cheap red wine if im camping or having a relaxing house-party with not that many people around.

I find hangovers from spirits arent as bad as from pints. So thats nice too

Im moving to central London next term, things are going to be so much more expensive. I guess my priorities are gonna change to just getting drunk for as little money as possible. Or maybe ill just drink before i go out. Do people do that?
Reply 63
Guinness, London Pride.
Lemon Lime Midori :p:
Depends on the time of day etc.

At the mo its super hot so I've been having strongbow with ice in or magners (which I'm going off recently because its become WAY overhyped and I've been drinking it for years and now I look like a bandwagon jumper!)

I'm also partial to a white/rose wine with or without soda and JD and diet coke :smile:
Reply 66
Luv_Ly
And I was recently introduced to strongbow mixed with blue WKD which is surprisingly nice. Though the barmaid did look at me a bit weird!

Deary me? Almost as bad as when someone last night asked for a 'Baileys & Coke'. Pretty much through me, so I presented them with a glass of coke with Baileys separate. I watched it curdle as she mixed them.

:rolleyes:
My fave drink ever is malibu and pineapple it is soo good and so refreshing!
Reply 68
Annabellerose
Errr am I allowed to ask this?

I drink:

-red wine
-malibu and coke
-vodka and coke
-vodka lime shots
-apple sours
-jack daniels and coke
-sex on the beach if availible and affordable
-champagne hehehe

I'm bored. Give me inspiration.

Alcoholic drinks : malibu and coke, white wine and lager shandy
Non-alcoholic : any type of fruit drink and sparkling water with a slice of lemon
Malibu and Lemonade
Malibu and Coke
Malibu and Orange
Malibu and Pineapple (yes I love Malibu)
Amaretto and Coke
Black Magic (vodka, lemonade and blackcurrant)
Sex on the Beach
Red vodka and coke (only on hol, we were told its illegal in the uk because it has too much sugar!)
White wine
Reply 70
i had no idea vodka, blackcurrant and lemonade was called 'black magic'...

ooo eee ooo!

ps. welcome back buttercup!!
I'm a fan of champagne cocktails-Bellinis and Kir Royale.
Also like drinking champagne!
I used to drink large glasses of white wine when I was out but I found it made me too drunk too quickly and I'd get ill so now I have white wine spritzers and pace myself a bit more haha.
Also fond of rum and diet coke.
I used to like Southern Comfort and lemonade but I've gone off it a bit.

Oooh and if I'm at a house party I always make 'Danni' cocktails...it's 1/2 glass of vodka(or thereabouts)mixed with lambrini and either orange or lime juice.It's quite nice(if a bit strong).
Reply 72
i love baby bull! its sooooo good!

it consists of cranberry juice, malibu, vodka and red bull.

mmmmmmmm

also like long vodka, gin and tonic, half sugar bacardis, vodka with anything, malibu with lemonade or coke... argh the list goes on so ill stop before i sound like a raging alcoholic!!
Reply 73
When in wetherspoons i ususually share a pitcher of LUST which is archers, vodka and orange juice. Other wise i have malibu and orange, red wine, diet coke, vodka and lemonade or sometimes the very occasional shot of apple sourz :smile:
Below is a list of my favourites :smile:

Jamaican Dusk Cocktail Pitcher: Rum, Archers, Pineapple and Orange Juice
Vodka and Orange
Rum and Coke
Apple Sourz
Bacardi Breezers
There's a shot made of chocolate but I can't remember what it's called!
Kopparberg
Water :biggrin:
Reply 75
hello_its_me_
i love baby bull! its sooooo good!

it consists of cranberry juice, malibu, vodka and red bull.

mmmmmmmm

also like long vodka, gin and tonic, half sugar bacardis, vodka with anything, malibu with lemonade or coke... argh the list goes on so ill stop before i sound like a raging alcoholic!!

Oh yes. She knows.

Last night i drank - due to £1 drinks at Walkabout...

4 shots of vodka
2 JD and Cokes
2 Pints of Fosters.

Was good fun.
Reply 76
My usual drink at the pub is gin and tonic. If I'm in a bad mood and want to get plastered, then I'm partial to a gin martini. In order of preference, my favourites are:

Blackwoods (40% premium dry one)
Bombay Sapphire
Hendricks
Millers
Saffron Gin
Juniper Green

I hate Tanqueray and Gordons.

I love cognac, and a fair amount of pubs have Remy VSOP or XO. I'm not a fan of Hennessy, but Camus is quite good.

As for whisky, I'll drink almost everything from Islay, my favourites being Laphroaig 15 year old and Bruichladdich, perhaps a good quality Kentucky bourbon such as Van Winkle or maybe a Highland whisky like Glenmorangie or Glenlivet.

If I'm not in the mood for spirits I'll drink wine, usually a red pinot noir (Napa Valley for teh win) or a white Burgundy, Pouilly Fuisse/Fume or Italian pinot grigio.

If the wines are crap then I'll be reduced to bottled beer like Tiger, Kronenberg or Cusqeuna.

And if I'm skint, a pint of Tennents will do.
Well, my favourite drink is a cocktail I invented myself, called the "Munt Buster"

Here are my directions, I highly recommend it. The brands are purely up to you, but here are my favourites:

Ingredients:

25ml of Patron Tequila
25ml of Grey Goose Vodka
25ml of Tanquery 10 Gin
25ml of Mount Gay Rum
25ml of Talisker 10 year old
Spoon of dry vermouth
Dash of balsamic vinegar

Pour ingredients into two piece Boston shaker. Shake together vigorously then pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a twist of lime. Enjoy.
Last night i had a Cheeky Vimto--a Blue WKD and a shot of Port, introduced to it by a friend, and its good--its a nice loooong drink and seems to be quite potent. Very nice tho.
Reply 79
WKD blue - such a girl lol
Smirnoff ice (red)
Sex on the Beach ( umm so nice)
Archers and Lemonade
Maliubu and coke
Blue Lagoon - in a pitcher (hell yeah)
oh and a headf***** is good for getting drunk on the cheap

Latest