The Student Room Group

How would you react if you bumped into somebody who use to bully you ?

I just ask this question as I always thought that when I bumped into the girl who made my life a living hell at school id be this big strong person not care etc etc. This girl bullied me from the ages of 10 to about 18/19, I use to be sick before I went to school because I was terrified of seeing her, I hardly spoke at school for fear of her starting on me the list of what she did goes on and on but she terrified me and for a good 8 years of my life made my life I hell, I use to beg my mum to let me stay at home so I wouldn't have to face her.

The other day I went into the chippy and there she was behind the counter. I cant explain why but I got sweaty palms started feeling really sick and faint and shortness of breath in the end I just left the shop. I cant believe 3 years on at 21 this girl still can make me feel sick and like crying !

how would you/have you reacted when you bump into somebody who was a bully towards you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You'd think that you would act that way but you probably won't, personally I wasn't bullied myself but my mate use to always pick on this girl in our class from year 7 to year 11.

It was harmless really but I could see she got pissed off with it (the your hair looks terrible lines etc). Anyway she useto hate him and went to a different sixthform to all of us.

We all went off to uni this year and the funniest thing is, them 2 ended up meeting each other during the first few weeks at an event (they don't go to the same uni). Lo and behold they bin together for the last 3 months.

Life is weird sometimes.

People do change
Reply 2
Sadly no one bullied me... But I expect myself to be indifferent.

Back when I was in school, don't remember the details, but one of kids started crying (3 years junior) and said sorry and whatnot. Now we met after 4-5 years... And we are pretty cool
Reply 3
People are too sensitive. Just tell her and her family to go and **** themselves.
Reply 4
Leave them alone, it's the best thing you can do. I understand you'd want to kick the **** out of them but the after effects of that aren't worth it.
I'd just completely blank them and pretend I don't know them.
Original post by SillyMilly

how would you/have you reacted when you bump into somebody who was a bully towards you.

It was glorious.

I was head and shoulders taller than him. He was fat, I was muscly. I had my girlfriend with me, he was on his own. I had dressed nice that day and he was in holey trackies.

Me: 'Hah you got fat'
Him: 'Yeah...'

Literally all that we said to eachother.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm a lot bigger/stronger/confident/dominant than I used to be, I would wager that I'm bigger than any douche who used to bully me, simply based on the fact that bullies are insecure and weak, who find somebody smaller in an effort to deflect their own insecurities. I would stare them down with a menacing glare, take satisfaction in knowing that they're intimidated now that the roles have been reverse, and potentially crack their jaw, depending on who it was and the situation I found my self in. Karma often catches up with childhood bullies eventually, and when it does I take great delight in it.
I was exactly the same as you. Thought I'd be stronger and wouldn't care what they thought anymore, but when I saw them I reverted back to my high school self. Shy, scared and wanting to turn back around and leave.
It's weird how that happens...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
It was glorious.

I was head and shoulders taller than him. He was fat, I was muscly. I had my girlfriend with me, he was on his own. I had dressed nice that day and he was in holey trackies.

Me: 'Hah you got fat'
Him: 'Yeah...'

Literally all that we said to eachother.

Really unlucky for you that you were upset seeing her OP, but you know where she works... maybe go back with a big group of friends and get one to say something like 'Hahaha she works in a chippy' :h:

Lol what a great example to set ay?

I was bullied now I'm the bully.
Reply 10
I got 4As at AS-level

What about you?
Very rare for me. I'm either on slight speaking terms or just meh. But I haven't seen some of my bullies in years. They're either in jail, doing **** in their lives or have grown the **** up and are doing good for themselves.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Blacktingz
Lol what a great example to set ay?

I was bullied now I'm the bully.

Not really bullying to say something 100% truthful to someone once in a public setting, between two 20something adults though is it? The real world is horrible, kids shouldn't have to know that but any adult who is reaping what they sowed deserves it in my opinion.
(edited 10 years ago)
I just ask this question as I always thought that when I bumped into the girl who made my life a living hell at school id be this big strong person not care etc etc. This girl bullied me from the ages of 10 to about 18/19, I use to be sick before I went to school because I was terrified of seeing her, I hardly spoke at school for fear of her starting on me the list of what she did goes on and on but she terrified me and for a good 8 years of my life made my life I hell, I use to beg my mum to let me stay at home so I wouldn't have to face her.

The other day I went into the chippy and there she was behind the counter. I cant explain why but I got sweaty palms started feeling really sick and faint and shortness of breath in the end I just left the shop. I cant believe 3 years on at 21 this girl still can make me feel sick and like crying !

:console:
Reply 14

Should've just said "Look where you ended up" laughed and walked out

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'dI say these exact words: "Hey bitch, look at me! I'm not fat anymore! And I'm fit! :eviltongue: Does this mean I can be your friend now, you mother****ing **** of a bastard????? :eviltongue: HAHHAHAHAHA!"

(She bullied me for just a few weeks when I was 10 years old. She told me I couldn't be her friend because I was "too fat".)

I was bullied in school by a certain lad, bigger than me back then, seen him every now and again and he ****s himself, perhaps because I'm bigger than him now and could pick him up and throw him in the air

btw when you got anxious in the chippy did you shake legs? or hands
Most of my primary school bullies are on drugs or carry knives, so I probably wouldn't hang around for a conversation with them.
Reply 18
Reply 19
get an axe and solve the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest