The Student Room Group

Relationship advice needed

I am seeking relationship advice because sadly I barely have friends I can talk to about this in real life. I was dating a guy for about a year, we used to see each other once every 2 months and talk everyday but we didn't label each other as anything, and tbh I'm new to dating and meeting guys so I don't know how it works. We did used to kiss but didn't sleep together because I guess I didn't want to have sex before marriage even though I am clearly going through a low phase with my connection with my Religon atm, Muslims would understand.

For background we're both Muslim but I am technically more religious than he is (I know dating a guy is clearly not religious but I'm talking in comparison). What happened is I randomly messaged him saying I wouldnt be replying to messages anymore because I started to feel uncomfortable about the whole situation, all year I was thinking about how this wasn't heading towards marriage and how we're not right for each other but he was the only person that was there for me to talk to and considering my loneliness and mental health I latched onto him. He reacted negatively to my message saying it doesn't make sense for me to just dissappear. I then called him one day after I got frustrated with things in my life and managed to drive him to a point where he ended things with me. I kind of started an argument and said he never cared and was selfish. He reacted to this arguing back and after this whole argument I felt a huge decline in my mental health and felt awful about the breakup which has taken me time to get over.

Now my question is about whether I should unblock him because he had been trying to contact me and told me he wanted to tell me something before I blocked him. I don't know if it's acceptable or moral to block someone so randomly, I've done it before tbh but I don't know if that's because of my own insecurities and inability to maintain positive relationships with people because of my lack of boundaries (I'm really passive basically and just cut people off rather than teach them how to treat me if that makes sense)

Also, I have a free ticket to travel with someone to Europe and don't wanna go by myself because I really really struggle with anxiety and travelling, I was considering going with him even though we would be in a hotel together I think I could trust him. Should I unblock him and talk to him and ask him to come with me or is this a crazy idea that he would reject anyway
Reply 1
I should also add I did feel pressured by him to have sex, he always wanted it and expressed that to me and made no indications that we could get married first and wait which is my wish.

I know this is probably a very naive question but do guys just want sex and then to leave? Like I said I'm not clued up with the dating world and struggle with my mental health but it seems to me that he didn't want a long term marriage and could see I was vulnerable because of my mental health
Reply 2
Only you know his true intentions, if you don’t think it’s heading to a long term marriage, I don’t think there’s any point in reconnecting with him again, and like you said he seem to want sex, which you don’t wish before marriage. Don’t be pressured to doing something you’re not comfortable with. I would say, just move on and find someone else who have the same values as you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Only you know his true intentions, if you don’t think it’s heading to a long term marriage, I don’t think there’s any point in reconnecting with him again, and like you said he seem to want sex, which you don’t wish before marriage. Don’t be pressured to doing something you’re not comfortable with. I would say, just move on and find someone else who have the same values as you.

Thank you. :smile: Sorry if this is rude of me to ask but did you read the full post? Because I wrote 2 posts. And there's more information, aside from what I think his intentions are
Reply 4
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending