The Student Room Group

public law essay

Please help me with the following:

The year is 2006. Peter Camillo is the Home Secretary in a Labour Govern. which has just been returned to power for a thrid time but with a narrow majority in the house of Commons. The executive agency that is responsible for the Prison Service has recently released a no. of prisoners in error before the expriy of their prison sentences. The media subsequently discovered the early releases & r callin for the dismissal of the Home Secretary. The Prime Minister, Gordon Hancock, is currently facing a back bench revolt over his decision to raise taxes and the opinion polls indicate that if there were an immediate general election the conservatives would win by a resounding margin. Peter Camillo considers that the person who should take responsibility for the error is the Director-General of the Prison Service, Hugh Rollins. The Director-General on the other hand considers that the minister should answer and be responsible fo the error.

Peter Camillo approaches you for advice. He wants you to explain to him the nature and extent of his responibilities to Parliament, the matters he should take into account when considering whether or not to resign and the steps, if any, he should take to discharge his constitutional responsibilities in relation to the error and to reduce the possibility of ebing dismissed by the Prime Minister.

PLEASE HELP ME ANSWER THIS LONG QUESTION - I HAVE NO IDEA...

Latest

Trending

Trending