The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roomwithoutaroof
me neither - it feels like a long gap between 11 am and 4 am ...expecting the worst :frown:

I'm feeling like every minute that goes by is making it more and more unlikely...
Reply 381
Lincoln House Chambers interviews out.

Good to see Manchester getting a move on!
Original post by Xanyi
Lincoln House Chambers interviews out.

Good to see Manchester getting a move on!

Bah humbug etc.
Reply 383
Original post by ChristopherDean
Enough with the legal madness Torvill, come back to the ice rink.

Haha brilliant! :biggrin:
First time on this... does no interview invite when the first ones go out usually mean no interview invite at all? that's re Matrix..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 385
Any updates re 1 Garden Court Family Law?
Original post by ellyjane
First time on this... does no interview invite when the first ones go out usually mean no interview invite at all? that's re Matrix..

No idea about Matrix in particular, but the general answer is 'no' - chambers move in mysterious ways and often don't send out all invitations at once.
god it's torturous isn't it!
I received an invite for Matrix first round this afternoon by email. Was at about 4pm.
Original post by jadums
Any updates re 1 Garden Court Family Law?

not yet!
Reply 390
Original post by Still Trying
not yet!

Apparently 1 Garden Court are delayed and we should expect to be notified on Tuesday.
any word from 3PB or 39 Essex St?
Reply 392
Nothing from Thirty Nine yet here.

Anything Cornerstone, Temple Garden or Monckton anyone?
Have only applied to Cornerstone out of those, but nothing yet. They tend to be a bit later in the season so we will have to wait a bit longer.
On Matrix, last year they sent out a set of interviews and rejections around 29th May, then a second wave around the 10th June. Could be that they do it in order of applications received/alphabetical? Don't know if that's a possibility but would explain the extent of the silence (aware I'm largely clutching at straws here - the fear of rejection is strong with this one)
Reply 395
Original post by Innerchap
Have only applied to Cornerstone out of those, but nothing yet. They tend to be a bit later in the season so we will have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks, it's always good to know things like that.
Reply 396
Original post by rhysross
On Matrix, last year they sent out a set of interviews and rejections around 29th May, then a second wave around the 10th June. Could be that they do it in order of applications received/alphabetical? Don't know if that's a possibility but would explain the extent of the silence (aware I'm largely clutching at straws here - the fear of rejection is strong with this one)

Yes... All the effort put into writing the essay!
Original post by rhysross

My friend and I both applied to Matrix and submitted our applications within an hour of each other on the day before the deadline. She received an email inviting her to interview yesterday at 4pm and her name is later in the alphabet than mine... I know how you feel about really wanting this one but have a feeling it is not going to end well
Original post by daisy0123
My friend and I both applied to Matrix and submitted our applications within an hour of each other on the day before the deadline. She received an email inviting her to interview yesterday at 4pm and her name is later in the alphabet than mine... I know how you feel about really wanting this one but have a feeling it is not going to end well

In that case I reckon it's a write off haha!
yes - maybe, though similarly i think rejection is probably likely for me, the off-portal essay was a bit hit and miss and circa 3am..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending