The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Interview emails just out from 5 Essex Court - legal problem and analysis.

Does anyone have experience of this that they can share?
Rejection email from 5 Essex Court via gateway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, seeing that rejection first thing this morning was not what I needed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Innerchap
Yeh, seeing that rejection first thing this morning was not what I needed.

Chin up! Ur situation cannot be as bad as mine. 64 applications in 3 years. 1 interview last year. Nothing so far this year.
Can anyone give any advice about how ladies dress "informally?"
I'm no expert but I think there is a distinction between informal and casual. I would say informal wear is not a suit but still relatively smart e.g. A nice dress (not too low cut) with an informal jacket. Ultimately, I would say wear what gives you confidence. If it is an informal event which could get you a pupillage you'll want to feel your best and not be worrying about your clothes.
It's an interview where we have been told the panel will be dressing informally and we can to, if we'd like. Too stressful I might just do a suitdress and cardi rather than a jacket!
Original post by QualityStreet
It's an interview where we have been told the panel will be dressing informally and we can to, if we'd like. Too stressful I might just do a suitdress and cardi rather than a jacket!

My uni careers advisor suggested a black tailored dress and coloured blazer based on her conversations with some law firms near us, if that's any help :smile:
Reply 988

I was once told by a QC that if they say informal. They mean formal. If they give you an option, "you can dress informally/ casually" dress formally. So I'd say suit dress and cardi is definitely a good plan! :smile:

Sounds good! They probably think it is less stressful to dress informally! Haha. Good luck, hope it goes well.
5 Pump Court just turned unsuccessful on gateway. No email alert.
I'm still waiting on:

3VB
7KBW
Outer Temple
Essex Court
One Essex Court

Anyone else heard at all? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by RachPemby
I'm still waiting on:

3VB
7KBW
Outer Temple
Essex Court
One Essex Court

Anyone else heard at all? Thanks! :smile:

Nothing from 7kbw post reference requests
Nothing from one Essex court

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hardnose
Nothing from 7kbw post reference requests
Nothing from one Essex court

Posted from TSR Mobile

one essex interview sent on saturday morning
Original post by william42
one essex interview sent on saturday morning

Yep - just got the one Essex rejection email. First gateway rejection of the cycle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hardnose
Yep - just got the one Essex rejection email. First gateway rejection of the cycle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! They must have heard us! :smile: only 4 left for me :frown:

Thanks for your help guys!
Has anyone got a Cloisters interview this week? Any idea what time they want you to arrive beforehand? I only noted the interview time and no other details (foolish I know).
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, has anyone heard from:

Baker and Partners
Cornerstone
39 Essex Street

Moreover, does anyone have any experience interviewing at 9 Bedford Row?

Thanks in advance
Original post by travellingbird
Has anyone got a Cloisters interview this week? Any idea what time they want you to arrive beforehand? I only noted the time and no other details (foolish I know).

I have one on Friday and all I have is the time. However I believe you need to be there 30 minutes in advance to prepare an analysis of a problem of some sort (according to their mini pupil open evening last year).
Original post by mordantrich
I have one on Friday and all I have is the time. However I believe you need to be there 30 minutes in advance to prepare an analysis of a problem of some sort (according to their mini pupil open evening last year).

Amazing thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending