The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything from Doughty Street after your status changed to "Under Consideration"?

Equally any news from 1 Pump Court, 4KBW or 23 ES?
Original post by roomwithoutaroof
phew, not just me then. I'll post when I've heard, unless they are rejecting by silence

They don't reject by silence - you will get a prompt message letting you know the good/bad news. Unless they have lost their manners this year.
Beckett chambers Canterbury interview out by email gateway says under consideration
What university is better if I want to become a barrister: Harvard, Cambridge or Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poppyevamay
What university is better if I want to become a barrister: Harvard, Cambridge or Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can get into any one of those three then I don't think you'll be in much difficulty if you're half decent.
Original post by filthynines
If you can get into any one of those three then I don't think you'll be in much difficulty if you're half decent.

Haha thanks for the advice!
Haha thanks for the advice!

What stage of your academic life are you at? When I was in school you could only apply to one of the Oxbridge unis, so does this mean you're just starting Y12?
What stage of your academic life are you at? When I was in school you could only apply to one of the Oxbridge unis, so does this mean you're just starting Y12?

Sorry 10 a*s and 2 a's so I looked at Oxbridge
Sorry 10 a*s and 2 a's so I looked at Oxbridge

Go for it - good luck!
Go for it - good luck!

Thank you so much! Are you a barrister?
I hate to be one of these people, but perhaps private conversation is the best place for the above?
Has anyone heard about 1st rounds interviews/rejections for:

Outer
1 Pump Court
4KBW
5 St Andrews Hill

Also, Becket Chambers invites out...
Kings rej post 1st round via email earlier

2nd rounds five paper by phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Second round interviews for five paper (not 5 paper buildings) out by phone.
Original post by Onthesearch
I hate to be one of these people, but perhaps private conversation is the best place for the above?

If you read my previous responses you'll note that - one of those people or not - I'm not too concerned about your suggestion.

If you'd said nothing there would've been no more. But now your suggestion and my response has spawned an additional two posts. Easier to let it slide, no?

And @poppyevamay - no, I'm sadly not yet a barrister. I'm on the way, though :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone had any experience of second rounds at 1COR Brighton? Any help on what to expect would be much appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1396
Has anyone heard anything post first round at 5KBW?
Original post by RB1987
Has anyone heard anything post first round at 5KBW?

Nope - they said 7-14 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from Broadway House or 15 Winckley Square?

Also any advice for 30 Park Place? All that I am aware of is that I need to prep for something 15 minutes prior to interview. I assumed that 15 minutes would be appropriate for an ethical problem, maybe a plea in mitigation at a stretch
Original post by TempestLaw
Anyone heard from Broadway House or 15 Winckley Square?

Broadway House sent out invites earlier today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending