The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lalaland19
Hey! Yes sort of, I applied for MML and my offer was A*AA and I got A*AA but the A* wasn't in the languages I want to do which was specified in my offer. So I've been pooled and find out my fate tonight eeek. Fingers crossed for you!

Best of luck :biggrin:
I got A*AA and a B in my EPQ, so I'm in! Going to study Education with MML (French) at Homerton - taking a gap year first though, so starting in 2015 :biggrin:
ASNC at Selwyn! I was convinced I hasn't got in. I had been pooled in winter and was so relieved to make my offer. I'd been predicted A*AA in politics, history and geography respectively but ended up with the A* in history instead which to be honest is a good thing for ASNC, especially when history was my ninth worst GCSE XD
Hey! Yes sort of, I applied for MML and my offer was A*AA and I got A*AA but the A* wasn't in the languages I want to do which was specified in my offer. So I've been pooled and find out my fate tonight eeek. Fingers crossed for you!

Same. But I haven't been told explicitly I'm in the pool, track just hasn't updated :eek:
Original post by RosieEPQ
I got A*AA and a B in my EPQ, so I'm in! Going to study Education with MML (French) at Homerton - taking a gap year first though, so starting in 2015 :biggrin:

Congrats :woo:
Original post by Vernish
Same. But I haven't been told explicitly I'm in the pool, track just hasn't updated :eek:

I think you should call them and find out (if you haven't already) - have you emailed in your grades?? Good luck :smile:
Original post by voodoo_child
I think you should call them and find out (if you haven't already) - have you emailed in your grades?? Good luck :smile:

I keep trying but there's never anyone in the admissions office! :frown:

and yeah I emailed my module scores first thing yesterday...
Original post by Vernish
x

Ah sorry assumed so :smile: Sounds like a nerve-wracking situation, not sure what else to say :s-smilie: best of luck!
Original post by Vernish
I keep trying but there's never anyone in the admissions office! :frown:

They'll be incredibly busy - patience, they'll be in touch :smile:
Original post by realwibletg
They'll be incredibly busy - patience, they'll be in touch :smile:

God I hope so!! I'm about to gnaw my own leg off! I don't even get an engaged tone though, just the answerphone. :frown:

Ah sorry assumed so :smile: Sounds like a nerve-wracking situation, not sure what else to say :s-smilie: best of luck!
Thanks though. :smile:
Original post by Vernish
God I hope so!! I'm about to gnaw my own leg off! I don't even get an engaged tone though, just the answerphone. :frown:

That'll be deliberate :wink:
Original post by Vernish

Hi, I was in the same situation two years ago. If you haven't been contacted, assume you are in the pool. The admissions tutors spend the whole day in a room looking through folders. I wasn't emailed until 9:30pm even though I was then told I was the first folder to be taken back out once they had confirmed my UMS marks were high enough. As difficult as this is, try to do something to take your mind off it and be patient - there's nothing you can do now but wait!
Original post by Azwozzle
Hi, I was in the same situation two years ago. If you haven't been contacted, assume you are in the pool. The admissions tutors spend the whole day in a room looking through folders. I wasn't emailed until 9:30pm even though I was then told I was the first folder to be taken back out once they had confirmed my UMS marks were high enough. As difficult as this is, try to do something to take your mind off it and be patient - there's nothing you can do now but wait!

Thank you so much for that reply!!! I was worrying that my email was playing up and hadn't sent my ums over or something!
Reply 1994
Original post by Vernish
Thank you so much for that reply!!! I was worrying that my email was playing up and hadn't sent my ums over or something!

More info on the timings of the summer pool: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/appendices/summerpool.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vernish

Ahhh well I hope all goes well! My college told me I was in the pool but I read somewhere that ALL applicants who achieve A*AA regardless of specific requirements are pooled so stay positive :biggrin:
Original post by TheLightBulb
Hey, I called Selwyn today and they said they'd guarantee my place until the remarks come back. My offer is still valid on Track, feel free to message me too if you want? I am SO darn angry and scared now, I really want to study here!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

After posting this I got my offer through on track confirmed? so I assume that means they don't care about the 2 ums, my teachers are still appealing it for me but yay!
Thanks lovely!
Original post by abigailivy
After posting this I got my offer through on track confirmed? so I assume that means they don't care about the 2 ums, my teachers are still appealing it for me but yay!
Thanks lovely!

If it's confirmed on track, that means you've got in!
Ahhh well I hope all goes well! My college told me I was in the pool but I read somewhere that ALL applicants who achieve A*AA regardless of specific requirements are pooled so stay positive :biggrin:

OK thanks, if that's right I have been pooled then...

Thanks. Some decision has been reached now then! :s-smilie:
Anyone heard from the summer pool yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending