The Student Room Group

To anyone starting uni in 2014 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lipslikemorphine
This is quite a big thing for me too. Nice to know i'm not alone on that:colondollar:

yep, joining that club...
Most: Studying a subject I enjoy

Least: Cooking
Reply 62
Most:
•Meeting new people
•Starting fresh
•Moving to a new place
•PARTAYYS

Least:
•Missing family
•Being skint all the time
•Putting on weight (So easily done in uni haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Most - starting fresh
Least -being away from home:frown:
Original post by lecornergirl
yep, joining that club...

Its a pretty sad club to be in haha. :redface:
Its a pretty sad club to be in haha. :redface:

haha i guess... but in a way it's also helpful to know i'm not the only one who feels like this :smile:
haha i guess... but in a way it's also helpful to know i'm not the only one who feels like this :smile:

Yeah it really does :-)
I suppose "misery really does love company"

But i suppose if we managed to randomly have that in common then they'll be loads of people at uni wanting to lose weight so it won't be such a big thing there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah it really does :-)
I suppose "misery really does love company"

But i suppose if we managed to randomly have that in common then they'll be loads of people at uni wanting to lose weight so it won't be such a big thing there.

here's hoping! i've been secretly worried about not fitting in/making friends due to not feeling self-confident enough for a while now...
Most- New People and New City, making new friends, the independence, doing the course I want. No more A-Levels etc. Going to the University of my dreams (Liverpool). Leaving my family, having my own bathroom. Freshers.
Least-Starving because I'm too lazy to get off my backside to buy food, getting a job. Depression, overcoming anxiety, having flatmates that don't clean their plates, being poor. Missing my friends, family and my cat. the cheap takeaways in Bradford. 5 for a £1 stuff. My mums hugs, my dads jokes. My brothers humour. I'm gonna miss my school as well. Probably the thing I'm least looking forward too is being the adult.

Everything is a learning curve.
(edited 10 years ago)
Most:
- the experience of a new town: I'm from london so I'm used to that scene. Looking forward to going somewhere a little bit more quiet.
- meeting new people
- finding out about my course
- independence: been locked in my room fir the past 10 years haha. be nice to let loose!

Least
- I'm horrendous at meeting new people lol
- Workload
- Budgeting and food shopping
here's hoping! i've been secretly worried about not fitting in/making friends due to not feeling self-confident enough for a while now...

Were totally getting off forum topic and were probably going to get in trouble btw.

I've been feeling the same thing. Especially because i'm not the most social person at school right now (but that's mainly due to the fact that i can't start new and have to stay the same as i've always been).

I think a lot of people feel like that though. Realistically were not going to know anyone so its a reasonable fear to have i think.

I'm hoping my self confidence issues will go in the next seven months though because i want to feel happy about going. :yep:
Were totally getting off forum topic and were probably going to get in trouble btw.

I've been feeling the same thing. Especially because i'm not the most social person at school right now (but that's mainly due to the fact that i can't start new and have to stay the same as i've always been).

I think a lot of people feel like that though. Realistically were not going to know anyone so its a reasonable fear to have i think.

I'm hoping my self confidence issues will go in the next seven months though because i want to feel happy about going. :yep:

if you want to get technical we're still on-topic since we're discussing something we're least looking forward to...

seven months is a long time, i hope we can both reach our goals! :smile:
Reply 72
Most: Independence & studying
Least: Living with awkward people
if you want to get technical we're still on-topic since we're discussing something we're least looking forward to...

seven months is a long time, i hope we can both reach our goals! :smile:

I wish you all the luck in the world :biggrin:
I wish you all the luck in the world :biggrin:

you as well! :biggrin:
Most: Being able to smoke etc whenever I want
Least: The social side
Reply 76
Most :
- Going to uni with by bike and the wind of freedom in my hair (feeling poetic)
- Doing things when I want to (no more "Dinner's ready" when I'm sleeping, etc...)
- Wearing my uni sweater :bigsmile:
- Meeting new people

Least :
- Having to eat pastas at every meal
- Sharing a bathroom with ten other student
- Writing an essay at 4am because my mother wasn't there to stop me watching TV series
Reply 77
Most :
- Becoming more responsible and independent
- Meeting new people
- Studying subjects I almost live for
- Discovering a new country
- Finally getting on with my life

Least :
- WORKLOAD !
- Having instant noodles everyday
- Being away from the people I love the most in the world
- Leaving Paris
- Sharing a flat with people I don't enjoy being with
Most: Meeting new people, work placements & studying something that I'm interested in :smile:
Least: exams & morning lectures (I know I'll fall asleep :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Most: Starting fresh, beginning a new chapter in my life

Least: leaving good people behind and try making new friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending