The Student Room Group

Girls, do you have penis envy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carl1234
All girls suffered from penis envy during the phallic stage of psychosexual development. They see it as a symbol of power, and saw themselves as incomplete.

But Freud's idea of sexual development are now outdated and have, for decades, no longer been accepted by the psychoanalytic community.

(http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=4ODr9mxI53oC&printsec=frontcover&dq=a+history+of+modern+psychoanalytic+thought&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IdPVUpumHouKhQeZn4GQDA&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA)
Reply 81
Original post by Carl1234
All girls suffered from penis envy during the phallic stage of psychosexual development. They see it as a symbol of power, and saw themselves as incomplete.

Really? I see girls as the more advanced sex, considering the able the we have to conceive and gove birth.

I certainly didn't go through that stage, as I haven't with more of Freud's other theories.
Reply 82
Original post by NHM713
Really? I see girls as the more advanced sex, considering the able the we have to conceive and gove birth.

I certainly didn't go through that stage, as I haven't with more of Freud's other theories.

My grandmother used to say "no matter how much you accomplish in life there will always be a woman who thinks she's better than you and as a man, it is your job to allow it"
Reply 83
We live in a man's world, I don't deny that. I think it's a little delusional to think females have penis envy. At most, I think woman are dissatisfied with how we are only seen as sexual beings and not taken seriously.
Reply 84
Original post by NHM713

I think you're suffering from penis envy right now love.

Quick Reply

Latest