The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Third Session

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

Session Three - 5th March 2024

Welcome to everyone who's joining for the first time and welcome back to people who were here last week :smile: This thread is for the third session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep:

You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:

Work on whatever you need to during the session, just make sure to check in and some point so I know you've joined us. You can post just the once, come back at the end, or keep dropping in throughout the session - whatever works for you!

So to kick off, introduce yourself below and let others know what you're hoping to get done this evening

I'll be checking in throughout the evening and will be handing out the rep points towards the end :biggrin:

Good luck all! :badger:

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I'm flowersinmyhair and this evening I will be working on core practicals for biology (x2) and at some point I'll probably cook some pasta.
I may also try to get some RS revision (gender and theology) as I have an essay on Thursday
Hello! I'll be doing a lecture and hopefully a bit of writing as well.

Good luck everyone!
Hiya everyoneeee. I am planning to do A LOT this evening but Im going to be doing it topic by topic so the first one I want to get off my list is Miss P's biology homework and classwork. I will be back later to update if I have finished it and also if I am moving onto a new topic (hopefully).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONEEE
Hi there. I'm study 23, in year 12 and want to be a doctor. Today I will do my chem unit 1 past paper (hw due by tomorrow!) for probs about an hour and a half until my webinar. If by some miracle finish early i'll do some fm hw on motion in vertical circles
Reply 5
Hey! Hoping to do some more integration and differentiation tonight
Hi everyone, gonna be revising infection and response for a test on thursday, and research methods for a test on friday. Also hoping to improve my place in duolingo (im top of diamond league and want to stay there)
:hi: Chrono checking in

I'm going to be working on my dissertation this evening - its on the analysis of different chemical compounds in honey :smile: (I think I had a couple for people ask what it was on the week before but I forgot to reply :biggrin: )

I need to work on my amino acids subsection :yep:
Hey everyone, I am Emmanuella studying A Levels Psychology, Sociology and Spanish! today i am going to get through my spanish and sociology homework!

if i can, i also want to get on with more biopsychology revision for an end-of-topic test on thursday!!

also question of the week: what are your best tips when it comes to dealing with exam/revision stress? or just destressing in general - how do you like to relax?
Hi everyone!
I am doing bio, chem and psych alevels. Today I am doing psychology revision, issues and debates to be specific. I have divided it so I can focus on all evenly:

Gender and culture

Free will and determinism

Approaches to psychology

Holism and reductionism

Idiographic and nomothetic

Ethics

Hoping to revise it all and then maybe do some exam Qs too!
Good luck all
Heya, I'm Kay! During this session I want to:

Update my GYG blog

Do my lit work from my cancelled lesson today

Finish my history work from lesson today

Do 10 mins Gatsby chapter 4 revision

Possibly do my lit homework on mock rewrites :smile:

Original post by emm4nuella
Hey everyone, I am Emmanuella studying A Levels Psychology, Sociology and Spanish! today i am going to get through my spanish and sociology homework!

if i can, i also want to get on with more biopsychology revision for an end-of-topic test on thursday!!

also question of the week: what are your best tips when it comes to dealing with exam/revision stress? or just destressing in general - how do you like to relax?
I normally crochet to relax or listen to music. I find both quite soothing.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Student4355
Hi everyone, gonna be revising infection and response for a test on thursday, and research methods for a test on friday. Also hoping to improve my place in duolingo (im top of diamond league and want to stay there)
Nice! What language(s) are you learning?

I also need to do more duolingo... just dropped out of diamond league sadly
Hello everyone! I am not planning to do loads tonight as I did lots and lots of revision yesterday, and have no end of topic tests coming up, but I am going to do a bit of 2.1 Biology Revision for my mocks.
- go through past paper questions (and do) and add things I missed to my blurted mindmap
- blurt 2.4 biology
Original post by penguingirl18
Nice! What language(s) are you learning?

I also need to do more duolingo... just dropped out of diamond league sadly
I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo (I'm currently in the ruby league because I have been quite lazy with it, although I do have a 319 day streak)
Hiya
I'm planning to do some music coursework and other stuff if I get to it👍
hey!! im going to do an online chem session that my school organised at 5 then going to crack on with some maths questions on hypothesis testing and sequences preparing for the mock this Friday !! good luck everyone!
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo (I'm currently in the ruby league because I have been quite lazy with it, although I do have a 319 day streak)
ooo look at you goo! <3
Hiya everyone! Im going to do some theory revision,hang around in the background and ive a meeting from 5.30-6.15 so might dip out then
Hi!!
I am planning to do biology revision with the little time I have on covering topics on B6 like evolution etc.. in order to prepare for mock

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending