The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Chances of me getting an offer for BA Business Management?

Predicted grades Distinction* A* and C along with B critical thinking AS and I got C for GCSE maths. The requirements are ABB and B in maths gcse. My personal statement and my reference states I've been going through personal problems. Are my chances very low? Is BM a popular subject at Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I think the entry requirement has changed, as my offer was AAB and B in maths. I've asked around and many people have the same offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Ermno
I think the entry requirement has changed, as my offer was AAB and B in maths. I've asked around and many people have the same offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB??? On their official website and on UCAS it says ABB for BA Business Management. Why did they offer you higher? You should email them letting them know why your offer was AAB when on UCAS and their website it says ABB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abc95
Predicted grades Distinction* A* and C along with B critical thinking AS and I got C for GCSE maths. The requirements are ABB and B in maths gcse. My personal statement and my reference states I've been going through personal problems. Are my chances very low? Is BM a popular subject at Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in first year BA Int. Business Management and there are a lot of people on the course, a lot of the people I spoke to had exceeded the entry requirements, like AAB etc. I just got the entry requirements of ABB so obviously they still let me in. In doing the statistics modules, they often say 'this is the class for those who got a minimum of a B in GCSE maths and the other class if for those who did a-level' so I'm not sure if getting a C would affect you? I don't know how lenient they are as the course wasn't in clearing last year but I guess you'll never know if you don't try! If they've given you an offer, it's obviously because they believe you can exceed your target grades so you might as well go for it and see!
Reply 4
Original post by lauramercier
I'm in first year BA Int. Business Management and there are a lot of people on the course, a lot of the people I spoke to had exceeded the entry requirements, like AAB etc. I just got the entry requirements of ABB so obviously they still let me in. In doing the statistics modules, they often say 'this is the class for those who got a minimum of a B in GCSE maths and the other class if for those who did a-level' so I'm not sure if getting a C would affect you? I don't know how lenient they are as the course wasn't in clearing last year but I guess you'll never know if you don't try! If they've given you an offer, it's obviously because they believe you can exceed your target grades so you might as well go for it and see!

Thanks for the info and yeah I've sent my application off 2 days ago. My reference also states ive been going through personal problems so let's see fingers crossed! Also is there a lot of mathematical content in BA business management or only a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abc95
Thanks for the info and yeah I've sent my application off 2 days ago. My reference also states ive been going through personal problems so let's see fingers crossed! Also is there a lot of mathematical content in BA business management or only a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will have 3 hours a week of statistics (two lectures and a seminar), which is 100% pure maths based - I have found it quite tricky in parts. You'll have group coursework and two exams on that, I have stats exam in a fortnight. Economics is quite heavily maths based too and it can be quite tricky at times so it's important to keep up to date with the work
Reply 6
Hey don't worry I got ABB for AS and and have been predicted ABB and they gave me an offer of ABB this year so I don't think they have changed:smile:
Original post by abc95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there! We can accept Distinction in BTEC and AB in A-Levels (or equivalent), and for those who don't have a B in Maths GCSE we can accept either B in GCSE Statistics or BB in Dual Science. If you have any other questions, you can contact us via email - [email protected]. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending