The Student Room Group

Can I get kicked out of Sixth Form?

I'm in my first year of sixth form, and I am taking mocks in January as there are no more January exams and all exams are now at the end of the year. I'm about 3 months into my a levels and have been finding it difficult, and have been threatened that we could be kicked out. Are the school allowed to kick out a student mid-year for a poor performance in mocks? Are they not inclined to let you stay and atleast take your exams at the end of the year?
The Sixth Form has no obligation to keep you in.
Why pay for the exams of a lazy git?
Original post by catkit01
I'm in my first year of sixth form, and I am taking mocks in January as there are no more January exams and all exams are now at the end of the year. I'm about 3 months into my a levels and have been finding it difficult, and have been threatened that we could be kicked out. Are the school allowed to kick out a student mid-year for a poor performance in mocks? Are they not inclined to let you stay and atleast take your exams at the end of the year?

depends if they feel you can pass... I got E's in a couple of maths mocks, got A's a few weeks later in the proper exams and there was no talk of kicking me out since my teacher believed I could do well however I know people who were pulled out because they wont pay for you to sit an exam you wont pass and they don't want you to make their stats look bad
Reply 4
Original post by John Stuart Mill
Why pay for the exams of a lazy git?

How have you come to the conclusion that I am a 'lazy git' I have provided you with little information, and definitely not enough for you to come to the conclusion that I'm a lazy git. I have personal reasons as to why I might not get good mock results, not because I'm lazy, you don't know me, keep your awful opinions and advice to yourself.
Reply 5
They can but they shouldn't, if it comes to the point that they do, you and your parents can always appeal. If you've got an okay record then you probably shouldn't be worried.
How have you come to the conclusion that I am a 'lazy git' I have provided you with little information, and definitely not enough for you to come to the conclusion that I'm a lazy git. I have personal reasons as to why I might not get good mock results, not because I'm lazy, you don't know me, keep your awful opinions and advice to yourself.

sorry this is probably the opinion many hold of you, if you're that concerned about being kicked out you shouldn't have a problem, there are however many people who are just lazy gits.
Reply 7
Original post by z4chary_
They can but they shouldn't, if it comes to the point that they do, you and your parents can always appeal. If you've got an okay record then you probably shouldn't be worried.

Thanks for the advice, that's what I was thinking, I have a good record, good attendance and at my years at this school I have received good results. I do not believe that they will kick me out, I'm just open to ideas from other people.
Reply 8
They can and likely will if they think it's due to lack of effort, poor attendance, incomplete assignments

They won't if there are genuine reasons for falling behind and if you discuss your problems with them they will probably do everything they can to help you overcome them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by John Stuart Mill
sorry this is probably the opinion many hold of you, if you're that concerned about being kicked out you shouldn't have a problem, there are however many people who are just lazy gits.

I understand, but I value my education highly and actually put effort into some quite challenging a levels.
Yep, unless your dad owns the Sixth form. Even then, if he doesn't like you, you'll still get kicked out.
I understand, but I value my education highly and actually put effort into some quite challenging a levels.

What is the issue exactly?

Are you finding it too hard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending