The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Thread (2013/14) - Mark 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adi19956

Hahah thanks nws. I'm looking forward at A2 & retakes yeah History could be a one off
even if I get a 'c' I'll get an 'a' overall.

Maths & Physics were just bad exam days happens to everyone, it's just about learning
from mistakes, looking forward because consistency defines success. :tongue:

Btw Do Universities look at A2 Predictions more so than AS grades because just like in my scenario & countless other applicants there are so many variables to consider when people get their AS Results.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hahah thanks nws. I'm looking forward at A2 & retakes yeah History could be a one off
even if I get a 'c' I'll get an 'a' overall.

Maths & Physics were just bad exam days happens to everyone, it's just about learning
from mistakes, looking forward because consistency defines success. :tongue:

Btw Do Universities look at A2 Predictions more so than AS grades because just like in my scenario & countless other applicants there are so many variables to consider when people get their AS Results.

I think you took my advice the wrong way. I genuinely feel that if money is no object you should request a copy of your history paper and go over it with a teacher who will advise you on whether you should request a remark or not. Even if there's no grade change you may get a few more UMS.

Yep, learn from your experience and if possible when you do mock papers, make them high pressure and obviously never cheat [insert cheating yourself idiom]. When I do mocks at home I always give myself a time limit which is shorter than the actual exam, and if possible get someone to confirm my own marking to increase stress even if it's just a past paper for similar reasons that footballers practise penalties by having the rest of the team watch them walk from the halfway line, because it makes it feel similar to what happens on the day and so they perform better on the day. We all have bad days and as you said you can but learn from them. Don't ever let a bad day ruin your journey, think of it as a scenic route to your final destination.

I really can't tell you about what units think. PQ would be the best person to ask at the moment as there are more pressing questions from people in clearing etc. I can tell you that I was rejected by a uni with entry grades the same as my predicted grades which were the same as my AS grades including A* equivalent. It could be possible to influence your predicted grades by going all in come September with your teachers, and even if not possible you could influence your reference if your referee sees evidence of this.
Reply 6342
just got re-edited grades.

exam board forgot to give me a grade for Maths :tongue:
I got Spanish: A
French: A
Latin: B
I was predicted and I wanted AAA but my offer for Modern Languages at The University of Birmingham only required ABB
Got French re marked from 2 below an A to an A but it was already enough to get me my place at University
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys i need advice,

I really need to achieve AAA for my a-levels (im predicted A*AA but an A* would be a bonus and seems super hard)

I do biology, chemistry and religous studies.

For AS i got an A in biology and chemistry but a B in religous studies.

Is there any advice you guys could give me to achieve atleast AAA?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest