The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons? Help?

Hello,

I've previously been to 2 HEIs. I dropped out of one purely because I wasn't enjoying it, I did a year then left during my second year at the second university due to a personal reason.

I've worked out I have 1 year left of funding, however I left last year in February because of personal reasons so i am looking to get back that year.

I had to leave to care for my grandmother from February to April after a relative relinquished their role- for whatever reason, and my mother couldn't as she had to support my brother being a single parent etc. Being a carer, you cannot study for more than 21 hours, or be in full time education so I had no choice but to leave. I was a carer from February to end of April, when my relative took up the role again thankfully. The Uni counselor was informed when I made the decision to care.

I rang student finance and they said okay, these are cpr, collect your evidence etc. But as SF callers are notoriously misinformed, I wanted your opinion, is this CPR? I'm thinking yes but Student Finance seem to be rather mean about these things, especially concerning CPR.

I have a rather good case anyhow. I am applying to a different institution further away from home, starting from year 1, studying the same course, moreover having already completed a first year, it shows I am capable of studying. It was just this incident which interrupted me. Also what kind of evidence? I have a letter from the social stating my role, and a counsellors but that's it.

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending