The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jezebelle
There's always the DIY mixer tap option :P ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389756180.863051.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that is brilliant.
Original post by Jezebelle
There's always the DIY mixer tap option :P ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389756180.863051.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

THIS
Original post by Smiffo99
Are u for ****ing real? Guide for retards (Americans) . 1 put the plug in the sink.2 turn on the hot TAP (who the **** calls a tap a faucet)? 3 turn on the cold TAP.4 mix to desired temperature.

This thread is 5 years old... :facepalm2:
Reply 23
Original post by Odd socks
I think it's because Britain was one of the first places to have a plumbing system, which was a cold tap. When they invented one for hot water they just added it on and had two taps. You'll find that the houses with 2 tend to be older houses (not always though) and newer builds just have one mixed tap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. It's to do with the boiler. The early boilers (hot water tanks) were considered dirty, whereas the cold water one was clean, so they didn't want to mix the two.
Britain you attach your shoes with tiny pieces of rope ? like wtaf ?

https://www.stockvault.net/data/2017/10/05/239733/preview16.jpg
2 taps are better anyway as you know what your gonna get and mix to desired temperature.

If you have one tap, are you getting hot or are you getting cold, it's like a Russian roulette. And even once you turn it on, does twisting left or right give you warmer water. It's a mystery.
Reply 26
I prefer having two even now. Recently changed our bathroom out and changed from 2 to 1 and I hate it.
Original post by Guru Jason
2 taps are better anyway as you know what your gonna get and mix to desired temperature.

If you have one tap, are you getting hot or are you getting cold, it's like a Russian roulette. And even once you turn it on, does twisting left or right give you warmer water. It's a mystery.

Honestly can’t tell if you are serious or not. :dontknow:
#1stworldprobs
Reply 29
Original post by JohanGRK
????

Not a fan of mixer taps. Just how it is.
Reply 30
Original post by JohanGRK
what can i say... i had u for an intellectual

I am a scally from south Liverpool, what did you really expect?! :laugh:
Reply 31
I have never been in a house with a pantry, haha.
Original post by Smiffo99
Are u for ****ing real? Guide for retards (Americans) . 1 put the plug in the sink.2 turn on the hot TAP (who the **** calls a tap a faucet)? 3 turn on the cold TAP.4 mix to desired temperature.

Faucet.
Reply 33
Fridge, Freezer, cupboards in the kitchen (to a point). Literally nobody I know has a pantry.
Recently changed ours, Now we have one, not two. I genuinely didn’t know we in the UK were the only ones who had two taps. Thought it was completely normal
(edited 5 years ago)
Bumping 5 year old threads? Wtf TSR?
Original post by 1Person
Honestly can’t tell if you are serious or not. :dontknow:

I'd take a 2 tap sink or bath/shower over a single one every day of the week.

Latest