The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1-1 :ninja:
Reply 1181
Good result today, Jonas and Col played well. Butt had a shocker!
I had doubts about Keegan but if he can keep that up over 37 more games, you guys should do alright.
Reply 1183
Well played.
Reply 1184
sarforaz
I had doubts about Keegan but if he can keep that up over 37 more games, you guys should do alright.

Never doubt King Kev :mad: :colondollar:

Guthrie, Gutierrez and Colo were quality today. I was telling some of my Toon mates that Guthrie would be a very good signing for you lot, and from this performance and his performance in pre-season it looks to be heading that way.
Very well played. Gutierrez and Collocini were brilliant. Gutierrez looks like a gem of a player. Can attack as well as defend. Could prove to be a very good signing.
Well done on a great performance today. :smile:
Spiderman and Colo played brilliantly
Given was the best player on the pitch today. some outstanding saves. Nicky Butt was awful, but he always is against Man Utd. Coincidence?

Overall im delighted with a draw. could of snatched it if Oberfem had directed his free header back around 70 mins. should have had a freekick right outside box in first half when Spiderman was clean through and Vidic took him out. Should have been red too. but it was at OT. Refs are too scared there.

the three debutants had a brilliant Debut. Coloccini was very shaky first few minutes but proved his quality for the rest of the game. Duff also played well in his supporting Martins role!
Mastermind`
Very well played. Gutierrez and Collocini were brilliant. Gutierrez looks like a gem of a player. Can attack as well as defend. Could prove to be a very good signing.

Seconded. Jonas looks a superb player - exactly what we need in midfield.

A very encouraging start to the season (especially with both Owen and Viduka missing!).
Butt got Man of the Match lol.
Vintage
Overall im delighted with a draw. could of snatched it if Oberfem had directed his free header back around 70 mins. should have had a freekick right outside box in first half when Spiderman was clean through and Vidic took him out. Should have been red too. but it was at OT. Refs are too scared there.

Apart from him going away from goal and other men being there :wink: Not to mention the penalty in the 3rd minute which would have changed the game :colonhash:
Was a good performance from Newcastle..

But i do wonder if Gutiérrez was drunk at some points of the game.

Good start to the season :yy:
Ronaldo VII
Apart from him going away from goal and other men being there :wink: Not to mention the penalty in the 3rd minute which would have changed the game :colonhash:

Vidic was technically the last man and he fouled him when he was clean through on goal. Coulda been red, coulda been a free kick, but OT so no chance :nah:. The penalty for milners "hand ball" would have been very very harsh, but not unlikely to have been given for man u. Both teams coulda won it, i think they should both be happy with a draw, im happy with it :smile: Some very impressive displays by the new boys, and Given... well he is just the best keeper in the league, and has been for a while...
miki_da_magpie
Vidic was technically the last man and he fouled him when he was clean through on goal. Coulda been red, coulda been a free kick, but OT so no chance :nah:. The penalty for milners "hand ball" would have been very very harsh, but not unlikely to have been given for man u. Both teams coulda won it, i think they should both be happy with a draw, im happy with it :smile: Some very impressive displays by the new boys, and Given... well he is just the best keeper in the league, and has been for a while...

If you compare it to the penalty that Chelsea got, it was stonewall. Same with the one against Carrick last season. I, along with every pundit, said penalty.
What pundit? MOD said it coulda been given (considering it was old trafford), but that it was the right call... You guys didnt deserve the win, simple as. A penalty wouldnt have made the right results anyways
miki_da_magpie
What pundit? MOD said it coulda been given (considering it was old trafford), but that it was the right call... You guys didnt deserve the win, simple as. A penalty wouldnt have made the right results anyways

They said the trip on Rafael was the right call, whereas the other two weren't. A 3rd minute goal would have changed the game completely.

Deserved is a matter of perspective.
Ronaldo VII
If you compare it to the penalty that Chelsea got, it was stonewall. Same with the one against Carrick last season. I, along with every pundit, said penalty.

no.. they said if them penalties that were giving last season. that one should have been a penalty.. the thing is though. them two penalties last year.. should never have been penalties..
How can u help the ball hitting u on the arm when its travelling that fast. Straight at you! its Stupid!
Vintage
no.. they said if them penalties that were giving last season. that one should have been a penalty.. the thing is though. them two penalties last year.. should never have been penalties..
How can u help the ball hitting u on the arm when its travelling that fast. Straight at you! its Stupid!

It wasn't travelling that fast. It was a curler from Giggs, not a rocket from Riise. He was at least 10 yards away and his arm was sticking out; he had plenty time to move it out of the way or not have it sticking out in the first place.

Latest