The Student Room Group

Can I go to clubs / sororities at places that aren't my uni?

I go to a university center in Newcastle but am really struggling, theirs no clubs or anything to join and no one in my class wants anything to do with me. I really struggle making friends and can't think of any other option cuz I cant switch Unis cuz of the skip. So I wanted to know if like Newcastle Uni or Northumbria allow people to go to there clubs / sororities.
Reply 1
It depends on the University and Union. Some let non-students join societies but without voting or administrative privileges (so they cannot vote on officers or become an officer themselves).
Original post by Finri
I go to a university center in Newcastle but am really struggling, theirs no clubs or anything to join and no one in my class wants anything to do with me. I really struggle making friends and can't think of any other option cuz I cant switch Unis cuz of the skip. So I wanted to know if like Newcastle Uni or Northumbria allow people to go to there clubs / sororities.

Hi @Finri

Please contact the Newcastle University Student's Union regarding this. They will be best placed to advise whether you may be able to attend Societies and Clubs with them.

You can contact them be calling 0191 239 3900 or by emailing [email protected].

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Reply 3
northumbria societies often allow associate memberships which would allow you to go!
Original post by Finri

Hiya,

Just like some others are saying, I think it depends on the uni/society. However, I'm at Northumbria and am in a society and I know we offer an associate membership so some definitely do! It's worth checking out which ones offer that which you can do on this site: https://mynsu.co.uk/societies

I hope this helps :smile:

Beth
Northumbria UG rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending