The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Well actually guys a lot of Spurs fans didn't want to see Jol go so that is very different, personally I admired Jol for what achieved at our club but I never felt he could take us to the next level as it were. There is no doubt he did a fantastic job, and to compare that to the Newcastle situation is complete rubbish.

Sam Allardyce was given what half a season? seems fair. You just admitted Sir Bob to me and Roeder pulled you out of potential relegation if I remember. This is exactly what I'm talking about, did Keegan not lose something like 16 games on the trot? But still he was doing a great job. Just a great Geordie hero I guess.

I love how defensive you Geordie's get when anyone dare to attack your 'special' town. That is another part of your problem, you think you have some right to be better then everyone else, fans are always saying, 'it's different in Newcastle, you have to come from there to understand' bla bla bla. Get over yourselves, your no different to any other club with worshiping fans. All the hype that surrounds spurs comes from the media, not the fans. Newcastle fans are their own worst enemy, they make it so hard for anyone who isn't a legend up there to operate.

I don't know why people on here are so intent on comparing my argument to Spurs, I'm not exactly over the moon with my club either at the moment, nor have I pretended to be. I wasn't talking about Spurs, saying how great we are, the problems we have are very different to yours.
FK
Well actually guys a lot of Spurs fans didn't want to see Jol go so that is very different, personally I admired Jol for what achieved at our club but I never felt he could take us to the next level as it were. There is no doubt he did a fantastic job, and to compare that to the Newcastle situation is complete rubbish.

Sam Allardyce was given what half a season? seems fair. You just admitted Sir Bob to me and Roeder pulled you out of potential relegation if I remember. This is exactly what I'm talking about, did Keegan not lose something like 16 games on the trot? But still he was doing a great job. Just a great Geordie hero I guess.

I love how defensive you Geordie's get when anyone dare to attack your 'special' town. That is another part of your problem, you think you have some right to be better then everyone else, fans are always saying, 'it's different in Newcastle, you have to come from there to understand' bla bla bla. Get over yourselves, your no different to any other club with worshiping fans. All the hype that surrounds spurs comes from the media, not the fans. Newcastle fans are their own worst enemy, they make it so hard for anyone who isn't a legend up there to operate.

I don't know why people on here are so intent on comparing my argument to Spurs, I'm not exactly over the moon with my club either at the moment, nor have I pretended to be. I wasn't talking about Spurs, saying how great we are, the problems we have are very different to yours.

Sam Allardyce was given enough time. His signings were ****e, his tactics wer worse.. he hadnt a clue. everyone saw. he would have took us down last season if he had remained in charge. We all know it.

Keegan didn't win a game in league till his 10th game. But from when he took over fat sam! our performances improved greatly. he played players in the right positions. he had a clue.

Roeder saved us yes.. But he was still out of his depth. Sir bob we all know shouldn't have gone. but theres not one other manager who ive been sad to see go except KK..

If we got a decent manager in. and someone who had a clue. we'd back them. We gave all our managers our support.. apart from Souness and FatSam. we never wanted them in the first place. So much so Blackburn fans were laughing at us when we stole Souness off them.

Coincidence Dalglish, Fat Sam or Souness have never had a job since? Gullitts done **** all too.. Im glad Roeders at Norwich. hes doing a good job.

How about you concentrate on your own team.. 1 point out of 9? lost to sunderland? spent about 100m? oh dear...
Vintage

How about you concentrate on your own team.. 1 point out of 9? lost to sunderland? spent about 100m? oh dear...

i was going to but out until you said that, my god, the one point was away to chelsea, what a point that was, our manager has won so many trophies in the last 3 years, he won 2 uefa cup trophies back to back, isnt that more uefa cup trophies than youve won, EVER? that was on a budget similar to spurs now, im sure we have a much better squad than you, in every position we have a player with equal or better credentials, the only place we lack is up front, where we are 1 striker short
im sure at the end of the season we will have done better in the uefa cup than you, prbably coz you arent in it :teeth: , better in the league than you and in the FA cup,

oh yeh and we have a manager (did i already say that lol )
Reply 1383
FK
did Keegan not lose something like 16 games on the trot?

Lol. I see you clearly know what you're talking about :teeth:

Although he didn't win any of his first 10, he was somewhere near the top of the Premier League form table by the end of the last season and had managed 4 points this season having visited The Emirates and Old Trafford. On the pitch performance wasn't the reason he's no longer at St.James's though- it's what's going on behind the scenes.

I wouldn't expect you to understand because Spurs have for a while had a very foreign set up in that the manager isn't the only one in charge of players coming in and out- Commoli and Levy have more of a personal say than at most English clubs, but at Newcastle this has never been the case until Dennis Wise's instalment. Very few of the managers would work under those conditions in England- Harry Redknapp has said he would never, ditto SAF and Arsene Wenger has always been the only one who decides who he buys and doesn't.
Reply 1384
jermaindefoe
i was going to but out until you said that, my god, the one point was away to chelsea, what a point that was

And their one point away from home was against United- domestic and European Champions- 'my god...what a point that was' :rolleyes:
Laevis

I wouldn't expect you to understand because Spurs have for a while had a very foreign set up in that the manager isn't the only one in charge of players coming in and out- Commoli and Levy have more of a personal say than at most English clubs

please point out, since ramos has been in charge, which signings you believe not to have been his own
This thread has taken a turn for the awesome. Good work guys! :yy:
Reply 1387
Panthalic
This thread has taken a turn for the awesome. Good work guys! :yy:

I predict a riot :thrasher:
jermaindefoe
please point out, since ramos has been in charge, which signings you believe not to have been his own

Comolli was himself trying to sign Garcia on the last day of transfer window.. He also instigated the Palochenko deal i think. Also Luka Modric who he got over from Newcastles hands himself. The only difference is that Ramos has the final say. Comolli will say ive these players. Ramos will say yes bring them to spurs or no. Keegan didn't have a say.. The Sale of Jimmy Milner was the final straw!
Aswell as Wise and Jiminez declaring the whole newcastle squad was up-for-sale last monday without KK knowing.
Vintage
Comolli was himself trying to sign Garcia on the last day of transfer window.. He also instigated the Palochenko deal i think. Also Luka Modric who he got over from Newcastles hands himself. The only difference is that Ramos has the final say. Comolli will say ive these players. Ramos will say yes bring them to spurs or no.

seriously i am lost for words, you are right, im leaving
Reply 1391
Laevis
Lol. I see you clearly know what you're talking about :teeth:

Although he didn't win any of his first 10, he was somewhere near the top of the Premier League form table by the end of the last season and had managed 4 points this season having visited The Emirates and Old Trafford. On the pitch performance wasn't the reason he's no longer at St.James's though- it's what's going on behind the scenes.

I wouldn't expect you to understand because Spurs have for a while had a very foreign set up in that the manager isn't the only one in charge of players coming in and out- Commoli and Levy have more of a personal say than at most English clubs, but at Newcastle this has never been the case until Dennis Wise's instalment. Very few of the managers would work under those conditions in England- Harry Redknapp has said he would never, ditto SAF and Arsene Wenger has always been the only one who decides who he buys and doesn't.

Coming from a Liverpool fan I find that last paragraph hilarious. Sorry I didn't do my research by the way and find the exact facts and figures, I'm not really that bothered. Your one of those people that sits in front of their PC all day, hunched over with no friends...bless. I hope you keep getting all you positive rep, something to tell your kids about, adopted kids no doubt.
This thread is bloody brilliant! I wanna play too

miki_da_magpie
Lol! Speak for yourself mate. Martin Jol did the best for you spuds in 20 years and he still got sacked, so you could finish where in the table last year?

A place above you lot after you too sacked a manager that had done as well (if not better) than his predecessors. Jol was sacked because he was tactically naive and incapable of winning anything (made for you lot methinks :wink:).

Now look at your own team, with your "Juande Ramos" lol, enjoy the relegation battle this season!

Oh dear. Your knowledge of football is rather insular I feel.

Vintage
Comolli was himself trying to sign Garcia on the last day of transfer window.. He also instigated the Palochenko deal i think. Also Luka Modric who he got over from Newcastles hands himself. The only difference is that Ramos has the final say. Comolli will say ive these players. Ramos will say yes bring them to spurs or no.

You were asked to name players signed without the approval of Ramos, and all three players you mention don't fall into this category. Ramos told Levy he was desperate to sign Modric, Levy then flew to Zagreb personally to tie up the deal in a matter of days. Ramos was also keen on 'Palochenko' and called him up in Russia (according to the player). Garcia was in fact wanted by Ramos, but he wanted to stay in Spain, and we couldn't even agree a fee anyway.

This season's net spend has been less than 5m according to official figures from the Spurs website. Ramos's net spend (including last January) is considerably less than the expenditure under Jol's tenure.
Reply 1393
FK
Coming from a Liverpool fan I find that last paragraph hilarious. Sorry I didn't do my research by the way and find the exact facts and figures, I'm not really that bothered. Your one of those people that sits in front of their PC all day, hunched over with no friends...bless. I hope you keep getting all you positive rep, something to tell your kids about, adopted kids no doubt.

:jester:

And don't be sorry. You should be more sorry that you're a 20 year old university student and yet you don't know the difference between your and you're. Enjoy your work life, soon to be McDonald's employee of the month, no doubt :coma:

P.S. And seeing as you're so insistent on referring to it, I thought I'd give you a whack load of positive rep :w00t: Funny how it's the people that claim they don't care about rep that are the ones mentioning it at every opportunity!
Reply 1394
A place above you lot after you too sacked a manager that had done as well (if not better) than his predecessors. Jol was sacked because he was tactically naive and incapable of winning anything (made for you lot methinks :wink:).
I think I speak for the majority of Newcastle fans when I say I was sad Robson left. Was that the same for Spurs fans and Jol? I'm asking this because when people have a dig at clubs sacking managers it's normally because they feel the fans were deluded in wanting the manager sacked.

On another note, what I find incredibly annoying is this stupid belief other football fans have that the Newcastle fans have ideas above their station, too high expectations etc. Anyone who seriously thinks that is a ****ing idiot. Most I've noticed seem to have really negative expectations for this season, and a lot of fans just want the player playing attractive football regardless of results. But let's not allow the facts get in the way of mindless stereotypes eh?
Mr Phil - did you go to chaucer tech? you may know my gf lol
MrPhil
I think I speak for the majority of Newcastle fans when I say I was sad Robson left. Was that the same for Spurs fans and Jol? I'm asking this because when people have a dig at clubs sacking managers it's normally because they feel the fans were deluded in wanting the manager sacked.

I was referring to Allardyce, not Robson. Newcastle and Spurs went through similar things last season, that was my point. Regarding the Jol sacking, I wasn't disappointed with the decision, I was disappointed with the way the board carried it out, i.e. ridiculously.
jermaindefoe
my gf

This thread keeps on chucking curveballs

:tumble:
Klinsmannic
This thread keeps on chucking curveballs

:tumble:

i want to just write lol but i would get another 2 point warning :biggrin:
lol

Latest