The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Stu Laverty
Not surprised, the Bridge is always silent and everyone knows about us! :biggrin:

I agree

to the match, Beye, Bassong and Gutherie were excellent
Colocini was a rock as usual and Enrique wasnt bad....
Ive had this view for the whole season, Bassong should be the first choice Centre Back with Colocini, from what ive seen of him, hes damn good
V1NY
I agree

to the match, Beye, Bassong and Gutherie were excellent
Colocini was a rock as usual and Enrique wasnt bad....
Ive had this view for the whole season, Bassong should be the first choice Centre Back with Colocini, from what ive seen of him, hes damn good

The pundits were all saying the three MOTM's were Given, Bassong and Collochini (I think he was the third one). Can't wait for MOTD tonight :biggrin: Fabulous result.

EDIT: Shay Given got player of the day on BBC out of all the games :smile:
:congrats:

Kinnear seems to be doing a good job.
Ronaldo VII
:congrats:

Kinnear seems to be doing a good job.

He's pretty epic. I don't know many Toon fans who have a bad word to say about him.
Shay Given, best Newcastle keeper ever? Can't think of many that come close. The guy is like Shearer. He deserves more medals than he's got, but I wouldn't trade him for any keeper in the world. A true man, Newcastle through and through.
Need to give Kinnear the job F/T. At least he is doing something with Newcastle.
Chelsea's fans are really bad. Its like: silence, silence, silence, oh someone took a shot OOOH, silence, silence, silence.

Apparently money can't buy fans.
Reply 1787
I'm unsure about Kinnear - he's still made some silly moves and we aren't playing great football most of the time (Fulham and Wigan were very poor games) but yesterday's result was excellent - not just an away draw to the league leaders but a clean sheet as well. Bassong looks to have all the attributes to be a top centre-half. Certainly deserves his place ahead of Taylor!
I'm pleased for Kinnear. He mentioned he was struggling for offers to return to some kind of job in football, he got this interim job at Newcastle and tbh, he's excelled. He's done a very good job so far, seems to have been given a month extension to his rolling (monthly) contract. He did lose it on the one occasion when effing and blinding during one particular interview but he's had the last laugh tbh and he knows it. You could see from his post-match interview yesterday that he's enjoying the current achievements of his team.
Reply 1789
Granted the repeated swearing was over the top, but you can understand why he became angry.

As for his management, he's done a mixed job. The team looks to have some organisation and fight, but the Fulham and particular Wigan matches were very poor performances and results (Wigan match at least). He also seems to love Damien Duff, who has done almost nothing this season. He is crap.
Dennis Wise seems to be getting quite a lot of say in the transfers in January, it doesn't sound like Kinnear will get a lot of choice.

We'll have 11 Xisco's by the end of January ...

On the plus side, at least we're doing fine for ourselves, given how we were about two months ago.
Boro this week. What do you guys think?
Wipe the smurk off of Southgate's face... Lift yourselves out of the relegation zone.

That's what i think.

Stu Laverty
Dennis Wise seems to be getting quite a lot of say in the transfers in January, it doesn't sound like Kinnear will get a lot of choice.

We'll have 11 Xisco's by the end of January ...

On the plus side, at least we're doing fine for ourselves, given how we were about two months ago.

Where is Xisco now? Is he rotting in your reserve team or something?

He looked alright when he played.
.Andrew.
Wipe the smurk off of Southgate's face... Lift yourselves out of the relegation zone.

That's what i think.

Where is Xisco now? Is he rotting in your reserve team or something?

He looked alright when he played.

Xisco is really poor, most Newcastle fans would attest to that. He might have potential, but right now he looks shocking. The problem we have is our strikers. Owen, whilst one of the best finishers I've ever seen in my life, isn't at his best and we seem to be relying on Oba, who is the most inconsistent striker for us since Asprilla. He can be a genius at times, but his finishing is sometimes horrible.

I'd like a win this weekend, really would, but it'll be tough. Got tickets for the game :biggrin:
Dennis Wise is clearly a prunt then..

Good old Asprilla :biggrin:
.Andrew.
Dennis Wise is clearly a prunt then..

Good old Asprilla :biggrin:

Dennis Wise can go get raped and murdered for all I care.

Asprilla was a god amongst Colombians. I'd give anything for him, Rob Lee, Peter Beardsley and Shearer back.
Kinnear stays for rest of season
Joe Kinnear
Kinnear was a surprise appointment by Newcastle in September

Joe Kinnear has signed a contract as manager of Newcastle United until the end of the season.

He arrived at St James' Park as interim boss in September and will now stay for another six months as owner Mike Ashley continues to try to sell the club.

"Ever since I came to Newcastle, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience," said Kinnear, who was a controversial choice as Magpies manager.

He has already twice found himself in trouble with the Football Association.
Reply 1797
Stu Laverty
Dennis Wise can go get raped and murdered for all I care.

Asprilla was a god amongst Colombians. I'd give anything for him, Rob Lee, Peter Beardsley and Shearer back.
Mate, we all know what Dennis Wise is like but that is several levels too far. I may find him as irritating as anyone else, but it's ridiculous the way some Newcastle fans act as if he's trying to ruin the club when we have no evidence he's done anything other than the job Mike Ashley gave him.
MrPhil
Mate, we all know what Dennis Wise is like but that is several levels too far. I may find him as irritating as anyone else, but it's ridiculous the way some Newcastle fans act as if he's trying to ruin the club when we have no evidence he's done anything other than the job Mike Ashley gave him.

It's not too far for me, since I don't mean it seriously, I just really dislike the guy. He may not be trying to ruin the club, but he is one half of the reason why we're 18th in the table and not 8th, or something. If him and Ashley had given Keegan the freedom to buy and sell as he wants, we'd be doing much better than we are.
Reply 1799
im happy, JFK for the season, duff may not be fit for tomorrow so the zog will return, viduka is back tomorrow and JFK will have funds for the transfer window, however small they maybe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Latest