The Student Room Group

Need help: got rejected, don't know if i should apply through adjustment or not

Hi everyone,

I got all my offers back but the university that i wanted to go to has rejected me :frown: saying i don't meet their entry requirements i was only 1 grade below the entry requirements but the worse thing is my friend who also was 1 grade below the entry requirements got an conditional offer! :mad:

However i can still apply through adjustment if i meet or exceed the entry requirements but I'm just worried they may reject me again after they see that they rejected me once before

Do you think its a good idea to apply to the uni that rejected me, through adjustment or a bad idea
Original post by mr T 999
Hi everyone,

I got all my offers back but the university that i wanted to go to has rejected me :frown: saying i don't meet their entry requirements i was only 1 grade below the entry requirements but the worse thing is my friend who also was 1 grade below the entry requirements got an conditional offer! :mad:

However i can still apply through adjustment if i meet or exceed the entry requirements but I'm just worried they may reject me again after they see that they rejected me once before

Do you think its a good idea to apply to the uni that rejected me, through adjustment or a bad idea

They will not accept you if they have rejected you once already, whether through adjustment or clearing. Accept it and move on, I'm afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
They will not accept you if they have rejected you once already, whether through adjustment or clearing. Accept it and move on, I'm afraid.

why won't they accept me if i meet or exceed the entry requirements, whats the reason
Original post by mr T 999
why won't they accept me if i meet or exceed the entry requirements, whats the reason

Because they didn't like your application enough to take a chance on you before. If they had, they could have given you a conditional offer based on their usual requirements just in case you did pull off a better set of results than your predicted grades suggested, but they didn't. Even if you had those grades in August, they wouldn't make up for what was missing from your application.
Just to add that you can only use Adjustment if you exceed the terms of your firm choice university. Meeting or exceeding the entry requirements of the uni that rejected you doesn't allow you to go through Adjustment. In that situation, the only option would be to go through Clearing, but that's an exceedingly risky option as it would involve withdrawing from your firm & insurance unis without a guarantee of a place anywhere else.
Original post by Origami Bullets
Just to add that you can only use Adjustment if you exceed the terms of your firm choice university. Meeting or exceeding the entry requirements of the uni that rejected you doesn't allow you to go through Adjustment. In that situation, the only option would be to go through Clearing, but that's an exceedingly risky option as it would involve withdrawing from your firm & insurance unis without a guarantee of a place anywhere else.

Like the new avatar! Yes, I should have explained adjustment. Sorry. He wouldn't get an offer through clearing anyway, and if he had missed his firm and insurance, he would be even further below what they were asking even if they were prepared to make an exception for him and look at his application.
They didn't like your PS and/or your reference - decisions aren't just based on grade predictions.
They have made their decision. If you re-apply through Clearing you will just get another automatic rejection.

Yes, rejection is hard to take. But you need to accept that they don't want you - and move on.
Reply 7
But what if they reject you because there was too much competition in the first place??? A university said due to there being to much competition?? My application has been unsuccessful ?? Could I apply through adjustment in this situation ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by reema246
But what if they reject you because there was too much competition in the first place??? A university said due to there being to much competition?? My application has been unsuccessful ?? Could I apply through adjustment in this situation ?

'Too much competition' is a polite and kind way of saying you didn't make the cut. There are several ways the university could have taken a chance on you, such as giving you a higher than usual offer just on the off-chance, but they didn't. You are unlikely to take the word of random strangers on the internet by the sound of it, so by all means call up and ask, but be prepared to be disappointed. Take a gap year and apply next year if you are still desperate to go there.
If the only reason the university gives you for being rejected is not meeting the grades and in the end you do make the grades for example if the requirements were AAB and you applied with ACC or worse, then when it comes down to results day you should at least be looked at if your grades meet or exceed the requirements, right?
This thread is **four years old **

Latest

Trending

Trending