The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Foundation after being rejected

Heyyy!
I got rejected from King's (i was predicted 35 ib poins with 556 in hl and they require 35 with 665 i think) but i really wanted to study in london. Does anyone know if i can still apply to a foundation course after having a rejection? and if so, should i apply with my ib course of with my national grades ??(i'm from mexico btw, and i would be applying as an international student)
Yes , I was rejected by the uni I wanted to go to and changed one of my choices on UCAS to the same uni , same course but with a foundation year. Just make sure you get the confirmation email that the choice has been changed
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Yes , I was rejected by the uni I wanted to go to and changed one of my choices on UCAS to the same uni , same course but with a foundation year. Just make sure you get the confirmation email that the choice has been changed

Thanks for the reply! but i don't think i can apply through UCAS because the deadline has passed and i think that i would need to apply to kcl's foundation course through their application portal.
did you apply to the foundation after the deadline (29 of january)? and also, did you email them first?
You’re very welcome,

Yes so what happened with me is I sent off my UCAS before the deadline and got a rejection from the uni I wanted to go to. So what I did is I basically looked at my other 4 offers and changed the one I least cared about to a foundation year with the same course at the uni I was rejected by BUT I made it so I start with a foundation year. I looked it up and found out the uni does do a foundation course so I was sure I wasn’t wasting an offer. Then like I said I got a confirmation email that I had changed my offer.

My six form teacher sent me this email on the 8th ;

For anyone who missed the deadline, this university (and possibly others) are still giving equal consideration to late applicants. This is very rare in previous years so do consider applying if you haven't already.

Head over to ucas.com>Sign-in>Students>Undergraduate>apply 2021>Register.
If asked, select: apply THROUGH SCHOOL and the Buzzword

Maybe this can help in any way ?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You’re very welcome,

Yes so what happened with me is I sent off my UCAS before the deadline and got a rejection from the uni I wanted to go to. So what I did is I basically looked at my other 4 offers and changed the one I least cared about to a foundation year with the same course at the uni I was rejected by BUT I made it so I start with a foundation year. I looked it up and found out the uni does do a foundation course so I was sure I wasn’t wasting an offer. Then like I said I got a confirmation email that I had changed my offer.

My six form teacher sent me this email on the 8th ;

For anyone who missed the deadline, this university (and possibly others) are still giving equal consideration to late applicants. This is very rare in previous years so do consider applying if you haven't already.

Head over to ucas.com>Sign-in>Students>Undergraduate>apply 2021>Register.
If asked, select: apply THROUGH SCHOOL and the Buzzword

Maybe this can help in any way ?

Hmmmm i don't think i can swap any of my ucas choices because they rejected me after the 14 day limit (ucas welcome email)
But i'll try to to apply to the foundation course directly through king's apply... the thing is that i'm worried that they wont consider me anymore for having been rejected once.
i dont think you would have the answer to that... so dont wory hehehehe

thanks anyway :smile:

Drop here!
Reply 5
Original post by Laurasj
Hmmmm i don't think i can swap any of my ucas choices because they rejected me after the 14 day limit (ucas welcome email)
But i'll try to to apply to the foundation course directly through king's apply... the thing is that i'm worried that they wont consider me anymore for having been rejected once.
i dont think you would have the answer to that... so dont wory hehehehe

thanks anyway :smile:

Drop here!

hi im currently in the same position rn and i just wanna know did it workkkk?

Quick Reply

Latest