The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Undergraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

This thread is for everyone considering applying, or who has applied, to KCL for the September 2020 entry. Hopefully it can be a good hub for you to discuss any concerns, questions or anything else on your mind regarding the uni

I'm a KCL alumni (BSc and MSc) so if you have any general questions I can assist. Do bear in mind I won't be able to answer the vast majority of course specific questions. Those are better answered in the specific forums for whatever subject it is they concern. I may take a while responding given I work full time but nonetheless, feel free to fire away.

Useful links

KCL 2020 Undergraduate prospectus: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...rospectus.aspx

KCL Postgraduate portal: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/index.aspx

KCL Accommodation information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx

KCL Fees and Funding information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...ing/index.aspx

TSR UniMatch KCL database: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...london/courses
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone!

I haven’t seen a post on this so I thought I’d start one! I recently attended the open day at King’s College London in June 2019 and was left in absolute awe at the university. I was lost for words by the central location, whereby there is so much to do/see within walking distance. That actual university was beautiful and the style of teaching seemed impeccable.

I’m looking to study LLB Law at King’s in 2020 and look forward to applying. I’m also currently studying Law, Psychology and English Literature and I’ve almost finished year 12!

If any prospective students would like to begin conversations below, go ahead; if you’d like to follow a format:

Subject of interest:
Currently studying:
Why KCL?

Also, if anyone is currently studying at King’s or will be studying in 2019, it would be appreciated if you’d leave any tips/advice on applying, what it’s like to study there and any general topics you’d like to discuss!
(edited 4 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hey,

- I will be applying to Children’s Nursing (2020)
- I currently study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in (just finished year 12)
- Will be getting my predicted grades next week
- KCL because I have done lots of searching and attended the taster day for nursing there, and no other uni course interests me like KCL Nursing (also love the location and atmosphere of KCL but will be attending the open day on July 6th)
I’m applying for adult nursing I study psychology law and drama and my predictions are AAB

Original post by M2201
Hey,

- I will be applying to Children’s Nursing (2020)
- I currently study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in (just finished year 12)
- Will be getting my predicted grades next week
- KCL because I have done lots of searching and attended the taster day for nursing there, and no other uni course interests me like KCL Nursing (also love the location and atmosphere of KCL but will be attending the open day on July 6th)
Original post by Aptitude.
Hello everyone!

I haven’t seen a post on this so I thought I’d start one! I recently attended the open day at King’s College London in June 2019 and was left in absolute awe at the university. I was lost for words by the central location, whereby there is so much to do/see within walking distance. That actual university was beautiful and the style of teaching seemed impeccable.

I’m looking to study LLB Law at King’s in 2020 and look forward to applying. I’m also currently studying Law, Psychology and English Literature and I’ve almost finished year 12!

If any prospective students would like to begin conversations below, go ahead; if you’d like to follow a format:

Subject of interest:
Currently studying:
Why KCL?

Also, if anyone is currently studying at King’s or will be studying in 2019, it would be appreciated if you’d leave any tips/advice on applying, what it’s like to study there and any general topics you’d like to discuss!

:yay: I hereby don this thread as the official KCL thread for 2020 :yay:
I have added this thread to the 2020 applicant thread list here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033194
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:yay: I hereby don this thread as the official KCL thread for 2020 :yay:
I have added this thread to the 2020 applicant thread list here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033194

Whoop whoop! :dance:
Reply 6
Hi,

I am also applying to KCL to study Midwifery in September 2020. I previously applied to this uni in 2018 and was offered a conditional offer but I fell pregnant so was unable to accept the offer. I am in high hopes that I will be successful again with my application.

I studied health and social care level 3 and achieved D*DD.
Hi everyone, I'm also looking to study at KCL in 2020.
Course of interest: History or History and International Relations
Currently Studying: Mathematics, History, English Language
Predicted Grades: A*AA

I LOVE the course offered at King's but I also love the location, it's so central and in a city like London I feel there's always so much to do and to explore. I'd just love to be living in the heart of everything and studying a subject that I'm so passionate about.
My name is Harriet and I’ll be applying for history
I’m currently studying Maths,Psychology, History
My predicted grades are A*A*A
I am considering applying for Medicine 5yr or 6yr.

I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Subject of interest: International Relations
Currently studying: Politics, Philosophy, History
Why KCL?: The IR department is one of the best in the world, and they have an amazingly welcoming vibe to them - students and faculty seem to get on really well. Plus the central location is awesome.
Subject of interest: English Law & Spanish Law (LLB and Grado en Derecho)
Currently studying: History, Spanish and Economics
Why KCL?: Absolutely fell in love with the University after visiting. As mentioned above, the location is amazing and upon speaking to the staff in the Law department, it was clear that they were passionate about their subject and keen to share that passion. Additionally, they're the only ones I could find that do the dual-degree programme with Spanish (although extremely competitive :s-smilie:), and I just loved the opportunities they offer.
Subject of interest: PPL (politics philosophy and law)

Currently studying: English lit, psychology, religious studies, economics
Predicted grades: either A*A*AA or A*A*A*A
Why KCL? I really liked the atmosphere there and the course is super interesting to me because I really want to study law, but I’m also interested in philosophy (we study some in RS) and of course politics is something that is really important in our society. I also like that it’s in London because then my family are only an hour away and I feel connected to all of the hustle and bustle :smile:!
Subject of interest: Law LLB

Currently studying: I'm an international student (US) so English, Psychology, Human Geography, US History, World History, Statistics
Why KCL: It's a really good law school
Currently studying the Access to HE Law
So I’ll be applying as a mature student (27 👨🏻*🦳)

I’m interested in the LLB at KCL as my number one. Central location, the ethos and approach to teaching seems fantastic and a good reputation for networking with legal professionals in the city.
(edited 4 years ago)
Is it good to study Maths in KCL?
Original post by Myboy66
Is it good to study Maths in KCL?

I personally feel you should look at the what the course covers and decide on the bases. You should choose a universty that has a research focus on what you want to study. You could also consider University of Leeds and The University of Manchester. Sorry I couldnt give you much information.
Original post by manu08manu
I personally feel you should look at the what the course covers and decide on the bases. You should choose a universty that has a research focus on what you want to study. You could also consider University of Leeds and The University of Manchester. Sorry I couldnt give you much information.

Hi, when is the earliest KCL will start sending notice of offer for 2020 entry? :smile:
I messed up and got BCDD at As levels, B in maths, C in further maths, and D in chemistry and physics. But my school is predicting me AAB-ABB which i feel like i can achieve with a lot of hard work. The course i would love to do at kings requires AAB. Do you think i should apply or is there absolutely no chance??

Quick Reply

Latest