The Student Room Group

4th AS level

Hiya, basically in my 4th AS level i got a D and im not sure whether or not to resit it. I applied to kings manchester Southampton and Leicester and the student room page says southampton and kings require an a and a "b" in the 4th as level respectively. I've been put on hold at manchester and not heard back from the others either way. Our school is sorting out resits now and as such was wondering if i should resit this 4th as level? (The AS level is maths, got a d in c1 e in c2 and a "b" in s1)
Resit it if you think you'll improve, consider the workload though.
Reply 2
Original post by user 12345
Hiya, basically in my 4th AS level i got a D and im not sure whether or not to resit it. I applied to kings manchester Southampton and Leicester and the student room page says southampton and kings require an a and a "b" in the 4th as level respectively. I've been put on hold at manchester and not heard back from the others either way. Our school is sorting out resits now and as such was wondering if i should resit this 4th as level? (The AS level is maths, got a d in c1 e in c2 and a "b" in s1)

It won't affect your position for this application cycle. If you applied with a D on your UCAS form then unless you put down the subject twice with the clear intention that the grade was pending for that unit (indicating that you plan to resit this module) then they will take your application as is.

A greater number of unis are asking for either an A or B grade in your 4th AS. HYMS, Kings, Southampton, a few others...

With that in mind, if you intend to reapply should you not get in this year, you might well *need* to resit it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending