The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Smokyjoe123
Except for "The Darkness are a gimick band because they are intended to be funny, an their entire appeal is based upon the silliness of their act."

To be fair, where are they now? No one cares...

Basically 1 hit wonders as far as the charts are concerned, though Growing on Me was a better song than ...Thing Called Love anyway, their debut album was average at best and their second effort was poor, I doubt we will see them headlining Reading Festival ever again.
KieranP
SeriousNarb, I wasn't complaining because I found what you said offensive, I complained because I didn't find it funny, and I can't stand this current trend for saying stupid things and expecting a big laugh. Irony is not automatically funny.

I've forgoten what this is all about and can't be ****ed to read into it again but i'm pretty sure whatever I said was very funny
Reply 122
NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS MOVE ALONG.

Edit button FTW, Quote button FTL =(
dan
McFly - Broccoli

Now there is a great song! Love it :suith:

Everything was going just the way I planned,
The broccoli was done!
She doesn't know that I'm a virgin in the kitchen,
It's normally my mum.

WTF!

WHO WROTE THAT THEY NEED TO BE SHOT.Funny song though,good to listen to for a laugh.

I didn't even know McFly still existed lol....*lost interest ages ago*
KieranP
But trust me boyo, .

I stopped reading after that awful little phrase, you lose.
Reply 125
Yeayh, I'm not sure where that came from, I was in a weird place when I wrote that. Anyway you tried a shock value joke, so you lose more.

[Edit:] On reflection, it was probably a bad idea to bump this thread.. But apparantly I made a good post earlier, that should balance it out right? Right? Damn my ability to type coherently while sober, if I'd just written gibberish, I could have edited it in good conscience.
i think the adsa george version of don't stop me know is actaully better than the mcfly version :rofl:
Athlete
i think the adsa george version of don't stop me know is actaully better than the mcfly version :rofl:

Come off it. That ASDA version is excruciatingly bad. It grates so much and is painful to listen to. It's one of the worst children's choirs I've heard.
still better than mcfly
Reply 129
Well at the end of the day any Queen cover is likely to be a load of *******s.
Reply 130
Athlete

Arghhh, I hate those adverts. :p: Those kids have the worst voices ever.

Latest