The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

is it difficult to get into the london college of fashion?

I really want to study 'make up and hair for fashion'. I have a VRQ Beauty Therapy level 2 and am currently studying NVQ Level 2 Ladies hairdressing. I know these aren't the best qualifications but i have done previous work experience and am currently building up a make up portfolio.

on the website it says 'Exceptionally, applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered if the course team judges the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by: related academic or work experience; the quality of the personal statement; a strong academic or other professional reference; or a combination of these factors.' so from reading this i thought i could at least try to see if they would consider my application?

if anyone has any advice on any courses or anything i could do to improve my chance of getting in then please help! i need all the advice i can get!
I think you should still apply if that's what your heart says, because if you love it, I believe you'd have a decent portfolio to demonstrate your passion and interest in the subject, the trick is, how would you convey your passion through portfolio? If you can find a way to do this I believe there's a high chance that you'll be considered.

Best of luck :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi, I applied for the makeup for fashion course for this year and I had my interview last week (still waiting to see if I'm successful or not). I'm currently studying VRQ Level 2 Hairdressing, but prior to that, I gained qualifications in Level 2 & 3 makeup (VRQ). To make your application even stronger, I would suggest doing a bit of work experience alongside your course. Even though you are currently studying Level 2 and have another Level 2 qualification, I would recommend trying to get a Level 3 qualification, preferably in makeup. You could also email LCF asking if you're qualifications are enough, worth a try! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending